Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

White Plains May 13-15

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
whoever goes bargain bin diving keep a lookout for any numbered Canseco inserts or known tough mid to late 90's inserts for me..

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Just realized I am free this weekend. I hope to be there either Friday or Sunday, more likely Friday.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
ill be there saturday i have a magazine that has mcclain,oliva and jenkins on the cover and i got oliva and mclain the past few weeks at other shows so ill be able to complete it this weekend

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I'm still trying to setup for Saturday and Sunday... I've been playing phone tag with the promoters but it looks like I'll be able to get in, if anyone wants some space let me know as I should have plenty available.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
just got back an hour ago..

originally wasn't going to go this weekend but my meeting ended early today so decided to stop by to meet up with zach (nikobaseball) and get some supplies

saw tom as well. got a beautiful dimaggio b&w auto pic framed. came out super nice

overall, seemed VERY slow but of course, this was around 4-5pm....tons of vintage...not too much wax except seymour...no bgs which sucked

ended up leaving with $6 worth of card supplies and a 2010 bcdp box from seymour....pulled this below

IMG_0001.jpg

honestly, all my times at white plains....it just looked really slow but of course, left at 5 so im sure people came afterwards but sheesh...

hope for those who went had fun!

dave

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I was there. Went to bring my Calvin and Hobbes autograph stuff to PSA. Place was not moving and it seemed like people were just in a bad mood, though right before I left I was able to make some sales. I gave pretty good prices compared to eBay so not surprised the stuff moved, but I had almost left without making a deal, so it was pretty nice, and I was able to move some stuff I had had for some time. Overall, quite pleased with how I did, and it was nice to get the stuff to PSA. On an aside, the people working for PSA/DNA were very pleasant to deal with.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
daveyou said:

originally wasn't going to go this weekend but my meeting ended early today so decided to stop by to meet up with zach (nikobaseball) and get some supplies

saw tom as well. got a beautiful dimaggio b&w auto pic framed. came out super nice

overall, seemed VERY slow but of course, this was around 4-5pm....tons of vintage...not too much wax except seymour...no bgs which sucked

ended up leaving with $6 worth of card supplies and a 2010 bcdp box from seymour....pulled this below

IMG_0001.jpg

honestly, all my times at white plains....it just looked really slow but of course, left at 5 so im sure people came afterwards but sheesh...

dave

NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICE!!!

Scary that i prospected his FATHER! lol

asmsportscards

Aug 16, 2008
ThoseBackPages said:
daveyou said:

IMG_0001.jpg

dave

:lol:

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
Friday show is always weak, although I am worried that it could be slow this weekend.

With that being said, I'm bringing a TON of good stuff with me - for the first time, I'm setting up at my own booth for Saturday and Sunday, so I'll be packing some serious cardboard.

If anyone is headed there this weekend stop by and introduce yourselves, I'm 6'5" and thin with blonde hair and probably glasses because I'll be too lazy to put my contacts in.

Slette

Jul 24, 2009
St Paul
ThoseBackPages said:
daveyou said:

IMG_0001.jpg

dave

That's funny you say that - I was a HUGE fan of his father's and he was my first supercollection... well, as super as a supercollection can be when you're 14 years old in Iowa, and still four years away from the internet. One of my favorite memories of Delino Sr is when he was in the Foot Lock Slam Fest - the old halftime show they would broadcast during college basketball games on ABC. I remember him, Barry Bonds, Griffey, Mike Conley (Sr, also), Mike Powell, Mark Henry, Erik McMillan... good times.

Apologies for derailing this thread. TBP's comment made me whistful.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
JEA2880 said:
Friday show is always weak, although I am worried that it could be slow this weekend.

With that being said, I'm bringing a TON of good stuff with me - for the first time, I'm setting up at my own booth for Saturday and Sunday, so I'll be packing some serious cardboard.

If anyone is headed there this weekend stop by and introduce yourselves, I'm 6'5" and thin with blonde hair and probably glasses because I'll be too lazy to put my contacts in.

I would disagree with fridays at wp. It was always strong especially dealer to dealer sales. facts are the auto lineup is the weakest it has been in years. No Bgs and possible bad weather its gonna be a tough show. Hope ya kill it brother.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
JEA2880 said:

I would disagree with fridays at wp. It was always strong especially dealer to dealer sales. facts are the auto lineup is the weakest it has been in years. No Bgs and possible bad weather its gonna be a tough show. Hope ya kill it brother.

Truth. Dealer to dealer is always strom on friday evening. Also with crappy weather pending this weekend I think people might be more inclined to go to an indoor event. That being said I wont make it up there this weekend.

Members online

Latest posts