Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Big Roy vs. JJ thread...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Can't believe none of our Phillies guys or Amish Dave haven't started a thread for these two Aces facing off...

Due to Comcast and DirectTV, I'm "blacked out" from watching and will monitor online. :(

Howard has HR to make it 1-0.

JJ wiggled out of bases loaded jam in 3rd to keep it close.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
The covered roof will help next year,,,,,,,,,,,but i'd be lying if i said they're gonna sell out every game

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
The only "argument" I've ever got into on here was here a Marlins "die-hard" fan who defended the fans, and gave multiple reasons for it. No excuse for lack of attendance at this game...

1-1 with both Aces seeming to get out of trouble early and settling in now.

tropicaltwinsfan

Aug 11, 2010
Minnesota
It's actually a large crowd for a Marlins game. There's probably more than twice the amount of people there tonight than would be there on a regular Tuesday night. People here just don't care about Florida professional sports teams (unless they're in a playoff situation), and that's probably not going to change.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
The Marlins always have a decent team too, there are many ball clubs that can't say that. Sucks to be the
Dolphins and be in the same division with the Pats and Jets,but Marlins are always in it, or at least the
wild card. What a waste.

KEvin

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
schmidtfan20 said:
The Marlins always have a decent team too, there are many ball clubs that can't say that. Sucks to be the
Dolphins and be in the same division with the Pats and Jets,but Marlins are always in it, or at least the
wild card. What a waste.

KEvin

For those of us who DO care, its actually kinda nice.

I've been buying JJ / Hanley / Jason Stokes (hahahhaahaha crying) rookies for pretty cheap for years.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
tropicaltwinsfan said:
It's actually a large crowd for a Marlins game. There's probably more than twice the amount of people there tonight than would be there on a regular Tuesday night.

Announced attendance was 21,955. 56% capacity, which is actually real good for Miami baseball.

2-1 Fish!

Not too many pitchers lose with just 5 hits and 2 walks allowed. :?

And neither Ace got the decision, Dunn did.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Is it sad or pathetic that I've got tentative plans to go to Marlins Fest next January / February and possibly the home opener ?

I would've posted something earlier, but internet time was incredibly limited by my schedule :(.

Disappointed to see JJ scuffle so much in the 2nd & 3rd, but glad the Fish got the win.

Now, if I could only get myself to sell a "couple" JJ's that I have dupes of ... or 38 of ... :oops:

Members online

Latest posts