Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Debut Red 1/1's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
What do prospectors think of these 1/1's....are anyone buying them based on the player not having other cards (bowman or elite) and hoping the player gets hot (Banuelos etc.)?

For me, I only see them as being of "value" if a player has no other cards. If they do and they are Bowman or Elite or USA...these cards tend to "lose" any type of value.

Anyone have any?

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I'm not expecting any of the regular pro debut stuff to really take off unless there is nothing else. I think the large patches and flag patches could be solid just because there will be absolutely nothing like them

ChicagoCubsWS

May 17, 2009
I just like the set overall and how they look...I'm looking to buy some cheaper ones but they go for $50 which is too much of a gamble IMO.

It also helps when your PC player(s) only has TPD, so thats the only 1/1 besides plates.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
These are going to come around simply because they're an extension of the most recognizable, popular and prolific set out there - base Topps. If someone wants a (fairly) complete run of MLB and MiLB players in their correct uniforms shown with their correct team names during a given year, this is the only option. The continuity is nice.

But the set's only been around for just over a year...so rushing to judgment now makes little sense (sorta like judging prospects heh?). But I'm also waiting for Pro Debut Chrome :) but I enjoy the reds I already own.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
Personally, I love these.

I busted a ton of Series 2, and pulled red 1/1's of Matthew Moore and Jerry Sands. I put the Moore up for auction, and got $70 something I think-and then got $275 off eBay for the Sands. I was very pleased with the Sands, and this was sold back in December or January.

I bought the Danny Duffy back in ST for $14 dlvd-which is quite a steal.

These are great cards if you ask me-of course being a 1/1 is great, and many of the guy in Pro Debut don't have that many other cards-giving these more value. And, anytime I can get a prospect 1/1(anything 1/1 but printing plates) for a reasonable price, I'm happy.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It is a question I have an interest in as well. I have the Matt Moore at present, who is a decent prospect, but it's his second year card, fairly solidly behind his Elites, though having the Topps name helps. I expect it would sell decently when the time comes if it hasn't already, but not like a superfractor or even an Elite Black.

hail2thevictors

Jan 20, 2010
smapdi said:
It is a question I have an interest in as well. I have the Matt Moore at present, who is a decent prospect, but it's his second year card, fairly solidly behind his Elites, though having the Topps name helps. I expect it would sell decently when the time comes if it hasn't already, but not like a superfractor or even an Elite Black.

As I said in the post above, I sold the Moore via auction on eBay-were you the buyer?

I am kicking myself, because it sold in the $70's if I remember right. I had it up for BIN/best offer, and had 2 offers in the $120 range, but decided to put it up for auction-and got much less. I kind of wish I would have held on to it, to be honest.

Members online

Latest posts