Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

has 11' Bowman retail hit NOVA yet?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ekomsdeeew

Aug 18, 2010
does anyone know if 2011 Bowman has hit target stores in the Northern Virgina Area yet?

will be checking the targets in Fred and Stafford later today, $90 in giftcards and $50 visa gift card. found them in my box of unwanted christmas presents :lol: not to shabby! :mrgreen:

wish me luck, will let you guys know if they are live in NOVA !

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Nothing at Wal-mart or Target in Woodbridge or Fort Belvoir area. Just checked today.

I never saw any of the 2011 Topps value boxes either.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
I went to about 6 Targets, 3 Wal-Marts and 2 Kmarts and nothing yesterday. Of course they all had 2010 Chrome :|

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Toys R Us...I'm in MD, and found it there. Unfortunately, they mark the price up. Others on the east coast are finding it at Toys R Us.

I don't know if you read my post regarding Target, but they have 1 person that stocks their shelves. If the shelves are full, they usually don't bother to put more product out...even if it's new stuff.

The guy at my Target says that boxes can sit for days/weeks/months before they put stuff out.

Walmart is a little better. But they stock once or twice a week because someone comes in to stock the shelves (Beckett Associates). You'll need to know the schedule.

ekomsdeeew

Aug 18, 2010
no 11' bowman but did have a bunch of the Bowman/Topps Chrome/Platinum boxes marked down at $19.99. picked up three of those, best card was a Sonny Gray platinum thick refractor. loss some you win some. have yet to type in the codes so who knows!

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
sportscardfanatic said:
Toys R Us...I'm in MD, and found it there. Unfortunately, they mark the price up. Others on the east coast are finding it at Toys R Us.

I don't know if you read my post regarding Target, but they have 1 person that stocks their shelves. If the shelves are full, they usually don't bother to put more product out...even if it's new stuff.

The guy at my Target says that boxes can sit for days/weeks/months before they put stuff out.

Walmart is a little better. But they stock once or twice a week because someone comes in to stock the shelves (Beckett Associates). You'll need to know the schedule.

Hmmm, that's odd. I asked a Target manager in Norcross, GA if they had 2011 Bowman in the back. He told me they don't carry sportscards at the store. A vendor comes in 2-3 times a week to stock the cards section.

Allen

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
ekomsdeeew said:
does anyone know if 2011 Bowman has hit target stores in the Northern Virgina Area yet?

will be checking the targets in Fred and Stafford later today, $90 in giftcards and $50 visa gift card. found them in my box of unwanted christmas presents :lol: not to shabby! :mrgreen:

wish me luck, will let you guys know if they are live in NOVA !

Went to the 7 corners target yesterday and they had nothing. Was going to go to Potomac Yards tomorrow. Might just wait til I get my boxes so I don't end up wasting more money.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Bruin7 said:
sportscardfanatic said:

Hmmm, that's odd. I asked a Target manager in Norcross, GA if they had 2011 Bowman in the back. He told me they don't carry sportscards at the store. A vendor comes in 2-3 times a week to stock the cards section.

Allen

Location is probably a factor. I went to Target on Thursday night and happened to catch the guy stocking the shelf. He said he just back from vacation and a bunch of boxes were sitting there waiting for him to stock. He had 3-4 boxes at the card area, but he told me there were more at the customer service desk. He took me over there and opened the rest of the boxes. He opened 8-9, but none of them had 2011 Bowman. He then proceeded to tell me that he has seen boxes sit in the back for days/weeks/months. It just really depends if there is room to put more product up on the shelves. But he seemed really nonchalant about it. I was about to kick him. I can say this with some certainty, but that particular target NEVER seems to have things out in time.

On the other hand, I've see the person at Walmart stocking the shelves. She has some fancy product layout diagram that she uses to make sure things are where they are suppose to be. Much more organized than Target. But like I said, she told me see only stocks the shelves once a week. That was 6 months ago, so that schedule may have changed. I went there last week when she told me she usually goes there and you can tell no one had stocked the shelves. But later in the week, it looks like someone had been there...so the date has most likely changed.

For all you looking for Bowman in the DC area, Toys R Us is your best bet. If you get lucky, your Target is more organized than mine. Then there's Walmart if you have one close to you. But if you have to have it now, check Toys R Us first.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Ok, so the closest War-Mart & Target to me in Alexandria has ZERO 2011 Bowman as of 10 minutes ago. :evil:

They do now have the 2011 Topps Value boxes though. ::facepalm::

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Everyone once you get your hands on some I think the rack packs are the best for Harper Chromes but the blasters are good for Autos especially Pineda.

Toys R Us is making a extra 4 bucks a blaster with them priced at 23.99 :|

lkk116

Aug 7, 2008
Fair lakes

Target - nothing
Wal mart- I bought all 5 blasters and 3 racks.. They still got racks and a full gravity box

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
sportscardfanatic said:
Bruin7 said:
sportscardfanatic said:

Allen

Location is probably a factor. I went to Target on Thursday night and happened to catch the guy stocking the shelf. He said he just back from vacation and a bunch of boxes were sitting there waiting for him to stock. He had 3-4 boxes at the card area, but he told me there were more at the customer service desk. He took me over there and opened the rest of the boxes. He opened 8-9, but none of them had 2011 Bowman. He then proceeded to tell me that he has seen boxes sit in the back for days/weeks/months. It just really depends if there is room to put more product up on the shelves. But he seemed really nonchalant about it. I was about to kick him. I can say this with some certainty, but that particular target NEVER seems to have things out in time.

On the other hand, I've see the person at Walmart stocking the shelves. She has some fancy product layout diagram that she uses to make sure things are where they are suppose to be. Much more organized than Target. But like I said, she told me see only stocks the shelves once a week. That was 6 months ago, so that schedule may have changed. I went there last week when she told me she usually goes there and you can tell no one had stocked the shelves. But later in the week, it looks like someone had been there...so the date has most likely changed.

For all you looking for Bowman in the DC area, Toys R Us is your best bet. If you get lucky, your Target is more organized than mine. Then there's Walmart if you have one close to you. But if you have to have it now, check Toys R Us first.

Nothing at my Target yet in Fresno, CA. As for Targets stocking practices it comes down to each indvidual store. We used be serviced by a vendor with a contact in the store. The vendor would come in once or twice a month and make sure everything looked good and order in more product. The vendor used to be a company named Excell, not sure who sends stock now but it comes in the same boxes. About 2 to 3 years ago the vendors were eliminated and the gaming card section was split off to our toys department. Targets' ordering system runs on a shelf plannng system. Shelf space is planned for certain products and a product is ordered when stock runs out. It takes new products some time to get on the shelf plan, or planogram, and because of this team members stocking cards have the ability to flex the plan and add in new items. So if the individual stocking cards feels the shelves are too full or has no knowledge of what is new, the newer stock will sit in the back just like anything else in the store. Bottom line is Target treats cards like all our other products no special rules applied so if you don't see it on the shelf ask a team member with a walkie and they can always check the back for you.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
TrU is onr of the only retail stores that buys their own product and prices it themselves.

bunch of rip-off **********, on just about everything they sell...

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
FINALLY!

Hit to hit one of the local Target's to pick up some supplies for the uncoming holiday trip, and found 3 Blasters in a card waiting to be put on the shelves. I helped myself to ONE. Wish I could of snagged the other 2, but needed to conserve funds.

Pretty bad blaster.

No notable base, chrome, no color, or even decent insert.
No auto

But this made up for the rest...

:D :D :D
Harper2011BowmanInternationalRC.jpg

Been selling for $50-$85, so pretty stoked.

ekomsdeeew

Aug 18, 2010
Russ S. said:
FINALLY!

Hit to hit one of the local Target's to pick up some supplies for the uncoming holiday trip, and found 3 Blasters in a card waiting to be put on the shelves. I helped myself to ONE. Wish I could of snagged the other 2, but needed to conserve funds.

Pretty bad blaster.

No auto

SICK! I will be making a trip to my local target this weekend :)

went to walmart couple days ago and couldn't even find their card section due to remodeling :/

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
Russ S. said:
FINALLY!

Pretty bad blaster.

No auto

Excellent!!!

I went to Walmart with some coworkers who don't collect. When I saw the person stocking the shelves, I got really excited and ran to get a shopping basket. When I came back, my coworker grabbed some packs from the gravity feeder and the rack pack. He did it to torment me. He had no intention of keeping it. Needless to say, I was pissed as hell. If he had done it because he was curious and wanted to see what it was all about, I wouldn't have minded, but he did it just to spite me.

He pulled the Harper International out of the ONE gravity pack he bought. He then pulled the Kolbrin Vitek Auto out of the TWO value packs he bought. WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was fuming. Then he had the audacity and asked me to sell the card for him on ebay since he had no idea how to do it. I wanted to punch him, but I probably would have gotten fired.

Sorry for the rant.

Members online