Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Starting a HOF PC...

What would you do?

• just game used

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
Great pickups to start it off....And if you prospect too you can sell at the right time to buy more HOF Autos/Patches! That's what I will be doing once the guys I invest in get up to the big leagues! :mrgreen:

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
That Banks really is a nice card

banks.jpg

I have a lot of DLP sticker autos that I like. Just pointing out that there are many HOF auto sets that are on-card.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Looking VERY good so far dude!!! I think long term you should slowly get closer towards on card...overtime they will appreciate in value thanks to all the stickers out alone. I have no hate for stickers, and I know a few brands are forced with them even thought the cards are SWEET (ie: DLP, Absolute, etc.). You can always trade out your cards down the road as well. I have been working on the HOF GU checklist as well and find it helpful to pick up something I don't have if it is cheap (at the LCS or local show) to close the checklist, but then I can always have something to shop for to better up if I ever come across gaps of not finding anything :cool:

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
You could also just try to find the coolest or best card that you can afford for each player.

For example you could get a cool patch+auto card for some of the more modern players, a RC for some of the players from the 50's/60's/70's, and a game used card for the guys like Ruth or Cobb.

That may be a bit disjointed for some people. But I often find when I try to limit myself, I end up not buying cool cards that I would like to have in my collection, only because they don't fit into a specific focus. Having a card that I loved for each player would be more fun then being able to say that I had a gu card of every hofer.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
Let me know if I can help you out in any way. I'm 11 cards away from completing my HOF game used collection (A GU from every HOFer that has one - jerseys if they have a jersey, bats otherwise).

maryvillereb2003

Mar 29, 2010
Maryville,TN
thanks guys, glad i made this thread, lots of good advice. jeff i really like your idea of getting a card i like for each player, whether its gu or auto etc.

abeabe

Oct 3, 2010
Hint pick up your Larkin autos early, he has been in top 5 in voting in past 2-3 years. Jack Morris and Lee Smith also were in top 7 in voting those years aswell.

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
I have a spreadsheet I made documenting all HOFers w/ a game used card (broken down by jersey and bat). PM me if you want it.....

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
shanks25 said:
I have a spreadsheet I made documenting all HOFers w/ a game used card (broken down by jersey and bat). PM me if you want it.....

It is a great sheet too...mines nice and aged and still works to perfection, thanks for that from 2009 dude!!!

shanks25

Aug 7, 2008
metallicalex777 said:
shanks25 said:

It is a great sheet too...mines nice and aged and still works to perfection, thanks for that from 2009 dude!!!

No problem, bud.......good to hear from you!

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
shanks25 said:
metallicalex777 said:
shanks25 said:

No problem, bud.......good to hear from you!

Ditto dude!!! I hope the scratching off of lists has been busy for you ;)

Members online

Latest posts