Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Bryce Harper Hysteria - Day 2 @ Lakewood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Since there was a few threads in the  past weeks  regarding Harper and his signing habits I figured I would post my experiences for the 4 games I attend regarding the topic.I love getting autographs and this for me was the Super Bowl because of where I live in regards to the games - 10 mins from my doorstep. I know this is a card forum but it's not everyday that one of the biggest prospects in the last 20 years comes in for 4 games being played basically in my backyard.

The game was scheduled for 4:05 Pm EST
The gates normally open an hour and a half for season ticket holders and 1 hour for general public. The Blueclaws changed it so everyone could go in at the same time so they could watch Bryce Harper take BP. 

3a0edec7.jpg

c2bebf7f.jpg

Rain delayed the game and cancelled BP. 

Once again Harper's circus flocked to the stadium. Here are some pics from the game. It was bring your dog to the game day so it was a strange atmosphere with the rain and all the dogs peeing everywhere. 

b8778900.jpg

16891626.jpg

Who's your money on ? The Pitt is my pic
79908e36.jpg

the kid
b6b6d208.jpg

The circus - EVERYONE in this pic had hopes of getting Bryce's signature
9f4664fe.jpg

9de7bfcc.jpg

After the delay , the players came out to the field and started warmups. After warmups He came over to sign. He came directly over to 3 young boys that were about 9-10 years old. I'll say it again, if you want his auto, bring your little guy to the game and give him a ball and a BLUE pen. He started signing about 7 ft away so I had to relocate by jumping over seats. 
 Harper signed about 7 graphs. At the end he grabbed the Dredded black pen that belonged to the guy next to me and took his ball and then reached to get my ball, as I went to hand it to him I dropped it on the wet ground. Bryce picked it up on the first bounce and signed both. He handed me the first ball and the guy next to me ripped it quickly out of my hands. It was still drizzling and the ground was wet in the dugout area where  he was signing. With the rain , i thank my stars that i got the 16x20 yesterday as it would have been ruined . He also skipped over anything besides balls. A 15 year old next to me had a 11x14 but Bryce looked at the pic and went to the next guy. And he is still sweet spotting which is amazing.  After he handed me back the second ball , I immediately put it under my shirt and ran up the covered concourse. I then checked the ball looking for the wet dirt stain that would be on the ball since it hit the soaked and sandy ground. My ball was clean and spotless. Because the impatient guy took the ball immediately , he did not check out the ball. 

Black ink  fades quicker then blue on baseballs . I wish it would have been done with my blue pen but I could have gone home with a dirty /wet ball or worse ,NOTHING so I think I came out ok. 

And here is the souvenir from Game 2. 

463d8775.jpg

2 games left.  I saw the forecast the days leading up and it had rain forecasted for sat,sun, mon. But I thank mother nature for the sun and letting me get the main target done 

Game 1's  souvenir from Friday 
315fb6a1.jpg

I'll post Game 3's recap tomorrow after I get back. 

FortyFour

Aug 7, 2008
Big Mac McGwire said:
I immediately put it under my shirt and ran up the covered concourse. I then checked the ball looking for the wet dirt stain that would be on the ball since it hit the soaked and sandy ground. My ball was clean and spotless.

For some reason I envisioned you as a goblin running up the stairs whimpering "my precious"

Gollum.jpg

boxbreaker44 said:
Big Mac McGwire said:
I immediately put it under my shirt and ran up the covered concourse. I then checked the ball looking for the wet dirt stain that would be on the ball since it hit the soaked and sandy ground. My ball was clean and spotless.

For some reason I envisioned you as a goblin running up the stairs whimpering "my precious"

Gollum.jpg

Hahaha. It was very reminiscint. 

IndyMann said:
What I gather from the pics?  You got some hairy ass hands.  Nice auto's by the way!

Thank you sir. That's the Italian in me ... 

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
the ball came out exceptionally well, what type of pen was used on it? Black ball point?

Im also surprised with all the fans and all the sigs Harper must be signing daily basically everywhere he goes that he is still signing with a decent looking "full" signature. Wonder how much longer till we see a quick scribble or just "BH"?

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
That's awesome. I was at the game yesterday and after standing for 4 hours (before and after), I had no luck and went home without a Bryce auto.

shakedown420

Apr 8, 2011
G $MONEY$ said:
the ball came out exceptionally well, what type of pen was used on it? Black ball point?

Im also surprised with all the fans and all the sigs Harper must be signing daily basically everywhere he goes that he is still signing with a decent looking "full" signature. Wonder how much longer till we see a quick scribble or just "BH"?

His signature has gotten much sloppier over the last 2 years. Just look at the "Luke" bible verse inscription. I got him on 5 or 6 things a few years ago and the signature is much different now.

He did not take the bus yesterday to the stadium. Living 10 mins away I figured I would wait and see today.

He signed for about 20 people today when he got off the bus.
I redeemed myself today as There was no guys next to me with black pens. I had a blue Bic on hand....

Bryce Harper .....in BLUE :cool: :D
Rawlings Official Major League Ball

3cab732a.jpg

Members online

Latest posts