Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

An INCREDIBLE day at the CALGARY Card Show Yesterday!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
This past weekend we had our "big" Spring time Sports Card and Collectibles show here in Calgary, Alberta. I really wanted to take a bunch of pictures to share with all my American friends here of what a Canadian show is like, but i ended up forgetting to bring my camera ::facepalm::

If anyone is interested, i did write out a written review of the show here on the Hockey boards...
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=133027&p=1835748#p1835748

This is gonna be a multi-Sport pick-up thread, so i decided to post it here on the (Main) Baseball boards as this is where everyone is ;)

Anyways, onto the pick-ups :D

A Couple Baseball players that i have PCs of and have been collecting both these guys for many years. I don't really actively pursue either guy that much anymore, but do still add a few cards of them every now and then.

I mostly just collect Vladdy Guerrero in a Montreal Expos jersey, but i thought this Ultimate Collection patch in an Angels uni was too nice not to take home with me ;)

2004 Ultimate Collection Guerrero Super Patch /20 & 2001 SP Authentic Canseco auto

121esfp.jpg

Next up is a Hockey card from the recently released 10/11 SP Authentic Hockey set. Again, ive got a small PC of this guy and add a card of his every now and then. He was the #1 Overall Draft pick in 2010 and was pretty much the best RC to pull in Hockey this year. Oh and he was also born in and spent much of his childhood growing up in Calgary, so being a hometown boy i have to collect him a lil bit ;)

2010/11 SPA Future Watch Auto RC Taylor Hall :D

2ryogep.jpg

Next Up is a card of another really high Draft pick (2008 #3 Overall i believe) from a really high end set and who doesn't like 1/1 autographed Game-Used Logos, right? :D :D :D

2010 National Treasures 1/1 Auto Game-Used Logo patch Matt Ryan :p

34ooaxf.jpg
35kjpts.jpg

And what can top a 1/1 Logo of a Superstar from a super high-end product?

Well this one here which was a Birthday gift to me (Birthday was on May 10th) from one of my very best Hobby Friends, Darren from Maple Leaf Sports in Calgary :D

Darren is one of, if not the biggest, Sports card and collectibles dealers in Calgary and runs a very organized and successful card store called Maple Leaf Sports.

If anyone is ever traveling to Calgary or Banff National Park or even Edmonton, it is definitely worth your while to stop by his shop and check it out here in Calgary.

Heres his website for his store...
http://www.mapleleafsports.ca/

and he also has an interesting "picture blog", that many here would enjoy, were he posts some of his better in-store pulls right here...
http://mlscalgary.wordpress.com/

Anyways, Darren was in Las Vegas last month for the big Sports Card summit meetings of dealers and manufacturers. Darren, knowing that i have been a HUGE Dennis Rodman fan since i was a kid/teen and knowing that Rodman was gonna be signing at this summit meeting, did an incredible gesture for me and got me one of those Leaf Pop Century cards autographed and Personalized "Bilko" for me :D :D :D

Darren even video taped the meeting and signing he had with Rodman and you can hear him telling him to make it "To Bilko" and then telling Rodman how to spell my name :lol:

Hopefully, if i can figure out how to post the video, i will update the thread and post the video of Rodman personalizing and signing this very card :D

:D :D :D :p :p :p

2edqmh3.jpg

Thanks again Darren, you Rock!!!

You_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gifYou_Rock_Emoticon.gif

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
very cool pickups from the show.

I especially like the Taylor Hall SPA and the Vlad Patch. the Rodman auto looks incredible and what a great gesture by Darren.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
1st4040 said:
Nice to see someone other than me have a pickup thread that actually has a Canseco in it!! nice stuff

I have quite a few Cansecos actually , nothing like your collection though ;)

Canseco has always been one of my very favorite athletes, in any sport, ever since i was a kid :D

Back in the late 1980s/early 90s, as a kid and a teen, my bedroom had about 4 or 5 different Canseco posters :p

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
tooly22 said:
The heck with the rest of those incredible pick ups, that is one nice Jesse Litsch ball :D

hahaha that is hilarious :lol:

i like my Arencibia and Romero Balls better though ;)

Members online