Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What were those metal like Topps cards from the 80s?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FLOUR

Jan 20, 2009
The cards resembled the basic Topps cards from the mid to late 80s, only they were made out of metal. I think there were different versions; there was a copper type card and even a silver one (not sure if it was REAL silver). I also believe only the star players had the metal versions. Anyone have a clue as to what these were?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
called "Gallery of Champions"

Made in several different years and in different materials (bronze, aluminum, silver) and a few specialty ones if I remember right. The Sterling Silver ones are a pain the butt to find individually and you usually have to buy a set to find one. I bought a set for the Will Clark, which I split up just to make the Clark cost less.

Zithy

Sep 18, 2008
Thought you might have been referring to Highland Mint cards, which came in bronze and silver. But guessing not.

dietdew

Apr 29, 2010
these guys? These are from the 1984 Gallery of Immortals set. There wasn't an aluminum for that year, and the Carew pewter wasn't made by Topps but by someone probably trying to pass it off as the silver one.
gallery4.jpg

gallery4b.jpg

dietdew

Apr 29, 2010
1990.jpg

Here's a Puckett aluminum. The aluminums are very light compared to the weight of the others and are much brighter than the silvers. Sorry about the size of the pic; I haven't taken time to scan any Kirby's in years.

Has anyone ever heard of the bronze cards being faked?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts