Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Potential Trade Imput Dynasty League

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
Okay, I am in a 16 team 50 man roster dynasty league. A guy has Paul Goldschmidt on the block. He wants Joel Pineiro for him. I want to pull the trigger, but I wanted some opinions.

Keep in mind with the size of this league it is almost impossible to get a starting position player or pitcher off the waiver. In a dynasty league like this Pineiro actually has a decent amount of value. Does anyone think Goldschmidt will be up this year considering how he is dominating AA and almost made the team during spring training?

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
I was having a discussion about Paul earlier today.

Honestly, it depends on how much faith you put in him being called up soon, and if you need SP or not.

I would do the deal, because I think Pineiro is past his prime. But I also dont think we will call Paul up soon.

Something else to think about: Conor Jackson and Paul's career minor league numbers are nearly identical aside from Paul having more power. Jackson was supposed to be the next big thing that would save the Dbacks and he ended up never living up to his well-deserved hype. Seriously, the guy could crush the ball in the minors, but his success didnt translate. I hope its not the same for Paul, but, history tells me otherwise.

I also happen to think he will be traded in a multiplayer deal. But maybe not

Plus The Dbacks are notorious for moving a player to a new position to readjust the lineups, he he could get moved to the OF, just like Conor Jackson

reljac

Apr 12, 2010
Pearland, Tx
First off that's sounds like an incredibly fun league!

Secondly, I'd base my decision on doing the deal on two things... are you competing this year and need Pineiro? If not, then I'd go with Goldschmidt... AZ has struggled finding a suitable 1B this year and I imagine that Goldscmidt willl be a september callup and may be the starting 1b as early as next season...

Crewfan82

Apr 21, 2009
reljac said:
First off that's sounds like an incredibly fun league!

Secondly, I'd base my decision on doing the deal on two things... are you competing this year and need Pineiro? If not, then I'd go with Goldschmidt... AZ has struggled finding a suitable 1B this year and I imagine that Goldscmidt willl be a september callup and may be the starting 1b as early as next season...

Thanks for the input, and it is an awesome league. It is the best fantasy league I have ever been in. It is honestly feels like managing a real mlb team.

I made the offer for Goldschmidt today. Pineiro is nice to have, but I have Bumgarner who is finally coming around this year. I am contending this year, but I think I will be fine without Pineiro.

Members online

Latest posts