Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Are these fair redemption replacements?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IUjapander

Jan 28, 2011
Indianapolis
Got two Tristar envelopes in the mail today. Instead of the two Bowman Platinum Mauricio Robles autos I was expecting, I received two 2008 Bowman Chrome autos. It came with a note saying the standard line about replacements, but I never requested a replacement? I guess that means they know the card isn't going to get made?

Anyway the cards are of Andrew Lambo and Rene Tosoni. So even though I never asked for replacements are these a fair substitute for what I redeemed?

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
chashawk said:
regardless of what the value is, a couple of 2008 autos to replace 2010 autos from a completely different product is bush league imho.

The hobby has always been bush league in this way...and many other ways LOL. If it were a business then I'd expect something different but that wouldn't be much fun.

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
uniquebaseballcards said:
chashawk said:
regardless of what the value is, a couple of 2008 autos to replace 2010 autos from a completely different product is bush league imho.

The hobby has always been bush league in this way...and many other ways LOL. If it were a business then I'd expect something different but that wouldn't be much fun.
always funny to me how people don't view it as such, even though that's exactly what it is to the mfgs.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
chashawk said:
uniquebaseballcards said:
chashawk said:

always funny to me how people don't view it as such, even though that's exactly what it is to the mfgs.

Without standards or regulation its exactly what people *collectively* want it to be. Its the classic, simple environment where the potential to make money exists...until people get greedy and it all eventually goes out of control.

Members online

Latest posts