Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And the boys are off to Hagerstown to see young Mr. Harper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
With the college baseball season over, my son and a couple of assorted teammates are heading up to Hagerstown this morning to catch Bryce Harper before he gets called up from the Suns.

Last night's game was suspended in the 3rd inning, so the scheduled 10:30 A.M. game will be played after the completion of the Tuesday night contest. The Tuesday game will be a full 9 inning game and the 2nd game will be a 7 inning affair.

Either way, they should be able to see a fair amount of exciting baseball action. Let's see how the Bryce Harper autograph experience goes for a bunch of 20 year old college baseball players and what they think of his game.

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
"Took his sweet old time doing absolutely nothing out in right field, signed one person's t-shirt, and ran to the dugout"

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
If I was the caliber of player he is, I wouldn't sign for anyone.

I'd hold conversations with people, shake every person's hand, throw a couple of kids some BP balls, etc...

Then I'd scour internet message boards to watch people complain about me being rude, arrogant, and a dick.

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
jbhofmann said:
If I was the caliber of player he is, I wouldn't sign for anyone.

I'd hold conversations with people, shake every person's hand, throw a couple of kids some BP balls, etc...

Then I'd scour internet message boards to watch people complain about me being rude, arrogant, and a dick.

:lol: I love it.

Weimer

Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
jwc9p said:
Bonds73 said:
"Inning ends with an F9 - got the rock from Bryce Harper"
Who calls a baseball a rock and why is everything in quotes?

A basketball is a rock.."Pass the rock"

I'm guessing it's in quotes because he's quoting his son who's probably sending him text messages.

Bonds73

Aug 7, 2008
Weimer said:
jwc9p said:
Bonds73 said:

I'm guessing it's in quotes because he's quoting his son who's probably sending him text messages.

Right you are.

"Oh yeah, he's a *****, no autograph today"

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
Bonds73 said:
Weimer said:
jwc9p said:
Bonds73 said:

Right you are.

Hence my post above.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
jbhofmann said:
Bonds73 said:
Weimer said:
jwc9p said:
Bonds73 said:

Right you are.

Hence my post above.

Yeah, if a guy is a ***** because he doesn't sign an autograph, every player that has ever played is a *****. Because they all have to say no sometimes (some just obviously do it more than others). If these guys signed every time they were asked, they would spend virtually every waking hour signing autographs.

It kills me when someone calls a guy a ***** just because he doesn't sign every day or every time they are asked. Completely unfair. Cut these guys some slack and recognize they actually have feelings and other things to do on a game day even if it is as simple as getting mentally prepared to play.

And I am an avid IP autograph guy.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
its not always that the athlete denies the autograph request..its how they do it that makes them the *****..ect.

Voices

Feb 5, 2011
Bosox3 said:
its not always that the athlete denies the autograph request..its how they do it that makes them the *****..ect.
He is right if they would say not today, maybe later, or something similar to that i would have some more respect for them.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
Bosox3 said:
100% agree. There's no reason he needs to leave out a different way than everyone else.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
Harper is a *****.

@ Lakewood
Friday: Leaves from the home team's clubhouse, gets into a pick-up truck that drives him to the team bus. All this happening while 75 or so fans were waiting in front of the visitors clubhouse, this happened right behind out backs and we all waited another 30-45 minutes until the bus filled up and left. One of the fan's in front of the clubhouse was in a wheelchair without legs and he said he was denied at the team's hotel and when they arrived on a bus.

Sunday: About 20-25 fans outside the clubhouse, he just walks right out...says "I'm not signing." Walks into some crappy Chevy and leaves.

Monday: Same crowd as Sunday and the same "I'm not signing" crap.

I am sorry guys but this guy just seems to have an arrogance like his is the sh*t. He has a LONG way to go before being on a level where he has to ignore fans all the time.

I personally hope he fails.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
jdacunha said:
Harper is a *****.

@ Lakewood
Friday: Leaves from the home team's clubhouse, gets into a pick-up truck that drives him to the team bus. All this happening while 75 or so fans were waiting in front of the visitors clubhouse, this happened right behind out backs and we all waited another 30-45 minutes until the bus filled up and left. One of the fan's in front of the clubhouse was in a wheelchair without legs and he said he was denied at the team's hotel and when they arrived on a bus.

Sunday: About 20-25 fans outside the clubhouse, he just walks right out...says "I'm not signing." Walks into some crappy Chevy and leaves.

I am sorry guys but this guy just seems to have an arrogance like his is the sh*t. He has a LONG way to go before being on a level where he has to ignore fans all the time.

So...you hope he fails because he refuses to sign autographs for all the people that are hounding him.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
jdacunha said:
Harper is a *****.

@ Lakewood

Should have been hanging around Big Mac. He got him 4-4 in that series. So he was signing.

Members online

Latest posts