Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cookie

May 6, 2011
San Antonio
all of the hype over Bryce has me thinking.. there was this much activity for Strasburg last year until he got hurt..

with Bryce being so young and in a ball, the chances he will be hurt are great.. why in the world are people looking at his cards as "investments"? looking to get in on the ground floor and not wait until he is called up..

The hype is great for sellers, but the buyers must have more money than sense

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
koal said:
i did it all for the cookie.

the what?

the cookie.

cookie-monster_with_text.jpg

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
cookie said:
all of the hype over Bryce has me thinking.. there was this much activity for Strasburg last year until he got hurt..

with Bryce being so young and in a ball, the chances he will be hurt are great.. why in the world are people looking at his cards as "investments"? looking to get in on the ground floor and not wait until he is called up..

The hype is great for sellers, but the buyers must have more money than sense
The biggest difference is position. Strasburg's injury is fairly common among pitchers due to the unnatural motion of pitching. Unless it's a freak injury situation or accident, position players just don't get hurt as much...and rarely if ever so seriously that they'll miss a year.

cookie

May 6, 2011
San Antonio
numba1yankeefan said:
he's an outfielder? why is there a GOOD change he will get hurt? He isnt throwing 98-103 MPH 100+ times every 5 days.

MCM - Mickey Mantle got hurt playing the outfield..

prospectorgems

Nov 29, 2008
Wisconsin
cookie said:
numba1yankeefan said:
he's an outfielder? why is there a GOOD change he will get hurt? He isnt throwing 98-103 MPH 100+ times every 5 days.

MCM - Mickey Mantle got hurt playing the outfield..

Any player has a chance getting hurt, but no one can foresee an injury. There are even some very successful pitchers out there that had some crazy deliveries that rarely got hurt. Anything could happen to any given player on or off the field, but because no one can tell the future. If we could, I am sure many of would have invested in ebay and google stocks instead of 90's baseball cards.

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
From a prospectors standpoint, you wouldn't invest in Harper, its not worth paying the high prices.

Case in point, I called around to find out how much jumbos were going for today. I celebrated by buying another case of 2010 draft instead.

For me, its better to buy the the singles of other prospects in 2011 Bowman than shell out that kind of money because of Harper. Despite the high box/case cost, most of these other guys will be relatively inexpensive.

Members online

Latest posts