Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

DAN UGGLA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
god he sux

-signed my fantasy team

is he driving you atlanta guys crazy?

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
I'm no Atlanta fan but he is laying waste to my fantasy team BA and doing nothing in the categories he should be. To think I turned down multiple trade offers for him this offseason because he was a "top notch keeper" and a real "difference maker".

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I know, right? Not to mention his glove has saved plenty of runs and that go ahead HR off Roy Halladay over the weekend wasn't worth it. If all he does is hit home runs, I'm fine with it. Fantasy stats don't count clutch hits and defensive gems on the field.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
hockeyfights said:
I know, right? Not to mention his glove has saved plenty of runs and that go ahead HR off Roy Halladay over the weekend wasn't worth it. If all he does is hit home runs, I'm fine with it. Fantasy stats don't count clutch hits and defensive gems on the field.
His glove doesnt save twice the amount of runs that it does save. A lot of the great plays that he makes look great bc he has no range.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
elmalo said:
hockeyfights said:
His glove doesnt save twice the amount of runs that it does save. A lot of the great plays that he makes look great bc he has no range.

if he's not a ****

if he's not latino

he's not for elmalo

hagausaf

Nov 23, 2008
Tampa, FL
if you picked up Uggla for avg. then you made a terrible mistake. Braves picked him up to be a power presence in the lineup which he does well with the threat of a HR at anytime.

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
Uggla just scored the go ahead run.

Yes, his defense is much better than it has been in the past. Watching him play for years in the same division, I can tell you he's played much better and almost flawlessly at 2nd base this year. His range is terrible, but that shouldn't take away from all of the great plays and runs he's saved this year. I'd take him all day over Omar Infante.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
cgilmo said:
elmalo said:
hockeyfights said:

if he's not a ****

if he's not latino

he's not for elmalo
Nope. Its just the truth.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
hagausaf said:
if you picked up Uggla for avg. then you made a terrible mistake. Braves picked him up to be a power presence in the lineup which he does well with the threat of a HR at anytime.

Didn't get him for avg, but did not expect to be this far into the season and struggle with the Mendoza line either

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
cgilmo said:
elmalo said:
hockeyfights said:

if he's not a ****

if he's not latino

he's not for elmalo
:lol: :lol: :lol:

koal

Aug 7, 2008
another 0-5 today. down to .180. what a waste of flesh. if i was an atlanta fan, i'd slash my wrists.

vandybill

Sep 28, 2008
Must have something to do with the team. Last year McLouth, now Uggla, whose career do you want to crush next year?

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
I am an Atlanta fan. Loved the trade when it happened because we gave up squat. Hated the extension when it happened because 2nd basemen - especially those that are built like fire hydrants - don't historically age well.

But I didn't think he'd be this bad, this soon. More like year 4 of the deal. It is still early and plenty of guys have turned it around after a rough 50 games or so. But I'm officially really worried.

koal

Aug 7, 2008
LLWesMan said:
Just traded for him and took the 0/5 today. UGH!

why on earth would you trade for this guy??!! didn't you see my thread?? :) i wouldnt trade a sweaty sock for him.

hagausaf

Nov 23, 2008
Tampa, FL
koal said:
another 0-5 today. down to .180. what a waste of flesh. if i was an atlanta fan, i'd slash my wrists.
3 games out of first place and 2 games behind Florida for the WC so i'm not too worried about Uggla's problems.

Latest posts