Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2010 Leaf Shoeless Joe Jackson Cut scan released...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
This will be claimed at the 2011 National in Chicago...with each clover redemption card holder a chance to win this, or other product.

229222_173316262727292_100001467582581_441909_4540737_n.jpg

Chrisdg19006

Dec 16, 2010
MartinFFcollector said:
Erich said:
What is a RANCE RECOGNIZANC?

French IOU?

I think its "appearance recognizance" from a court document. Its an old term for a bail bond. I remember reading that so many of Shoeless Joe's autos are suspect because his wife probably signed them, the only ones you can really trust are from court documents. This cut probably came from one of those.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Man what a sweet card. Have any other companies had a Jackson cut in them before? what have they sold for?

Haven't a couple of clover leaf cards been found? Pretty sure I've read of two being redeemed for chance at that card.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
:shock: :shock: :shock:
WOW, what a card. Its a shame the scribble was cut out as it was likely his, but i am sure there were sizing issues.

I don't believe it has been done before. There are several guys who sadly will never have cuts. A couple i can think of are Rube Waddell and Ed Delenty (sp?). Like Shoeless some guys have so few authentic autos.

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
Im really psyched to see this. I opened a bunch of this in hopes to find a clover, of course I did not get one I was lucky enough to pull a lot of nice cuts. Anyway I was always curious to see this since Joe was known to not know how to read and write.

Leaf

Aug 7, 2008
gogosox40 said:
Has any of the Clovers surfaced yet? I have yet to hear anyone pulling one.

One was pulled in Tennessee (he is pictured on our website).
BG

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
The guy is sitting pretty right now if he is only guy that pulled one so far.
Is the card going to be slabbed ?

Any guess to what it would sell for.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
matchpenalty said:

One just sold for $60k. I'd guess somewhere in that area. This signature is particularly sloppy.

Would have liked to see more sepia used and less of the red & blue to give it that old time look.
The small picture of Joe makes it look like a bullseye. Be honest, if I won it I would have 200lb
make me a card for the cut and do it over right. Card looks too cookie cutter....

Chrisdg19006

Dec 16, 2010
Jastermereel said:
matchpenalty said:

One just sold for $60k. I'd guess somewhere in that area. This signature is particularly sloppy.

The sloppier the better, Joe was illiterate and the nice ones were probably written by his wife.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
AMAZIN HOF COLLECTOR said:
Would have liked to see more sepia used and less of the red & blue to give it that old time look.
The small picture of Joe makes it look like a bullseye. Be honest, if I won it I would have 200lb
make me a card for the cut and do it over right. Card looks too cookie cutter....
I think the design was to fit into the set itself, so that makes sense. Of course, it being a total one-off design, they could have strayed had they wanted to.

That said, while I appreciate the comment, my comfort level in extracting a $60K signature that was embedded in a card is fairly low.

If I was the winner...I'd keep it just like it is and throw it on an auction block. It's too much baseball history importance than to sit in my collection. Basically, my same thought when I sold the Christy Mathewson 1/1. Well...that and the money.

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
Chrisdg19006 said:
Jastermereel said:
matchpenalty said:

The sloppier the better, Joe was illiterate and the nice ones were probably written by his wife.

::facepalm::

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
Chrisdg19006 said:
Jastermereel said:
matchpenalty said:

Lunch Lady: Have some more Sloppy Joes. I made 'em EXTRA sloppy for you! I know you kids like 'em sloppy!
Billy Madison: Lady, you're scarin' us!
lunchlady.jpg

Latest posts