Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A bit of a tear-jerker to start your morning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Last month a two-and-a-half year old Jays fan with untreatable leukemia was the guest of the Jays for a day. He ended up playing catch with Ricky Romero and JP Arencibia. Unfortunately, the little guy died a few hours before yesterday's game. Romero and Arencibia were both quite shaken. Fast forward a few hours and ironically Romero pitched seven innings for the win while Arencibia hit the game-winning homer.

Here's a nice article (warning- tons of cliches): http://www.thestar.com/sports/baseb...ro-emerges-with-win-on-emotional-evening?bn=1

I remember seeing Arencibia trying hard to get the ball from the final out and couldn't figure out why. Makes sense now.

bmc398

May 25, 2009
The ball was probably to give to the family of the little kid. Pretty cool that the players remembered that experience and it was equally as special to them as it was to the kid to be able to touch his life like that.

Good to see 2 athletes who realize that giving back can be just as rewarding to you as it is to the person you are helping.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
sad story but a great one..kudo's to those guys for not being typical rich spoiled players an showing a human side. There are a great many guys out there who could learn something from this

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i would have traded my life for that kids in a minute
so he could have lived. i get so upset every time
i hear this stuff. 2 1/2, just not right. :( :( :(
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Members online

Latest posts