Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hunter Morris promoted to Huntsville

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Glad to get the news today that Hunter Morris got promoted to AA in his home town of Huntsville, AL.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I was going to ask you about that when I heard Sean Halton went on the DL.
Always sucks when a good guy goes down, but Awesome to see Hunter's getting to go home and play!

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
Well, Biscuits were stomping the Stars 7-0 when we left at the top of the 7th. It figures the Stars would mount some sort of a comeback after we left...they scored 5 in the bottom of the 7th. Hunter Morris went 2-4 with a single & triple. Incidentally, the DAV set included Amaury Rivas, Ryan Braun, Zelous Wheeler, Prince Fielder and Yovani Gallardo. I'm pretty sure it's Wheeler on the Stars' pocket schedules this year, too. Joe Davis is still the crappiest park in the league.

DaClyde

Jan 17, 2010
Huntsville, AL
cgilmo said:
Hey Hey, don't be hating on Joe Davis stadium.

It's a charming park.

Charming if you have some sort of twisted love for concrete (which seems to be the case with the City of Huntsville). It's really sad that over 1/3rd of the advertising spots on the outfield wall are blank, and the scoreboard hasn't properly worked in 3 years. The city isn't making even the slightest attempt to entice the team to stay. I can't see the team being here once the current lease is up. The only possible reason I can think of that the lease was extended was to give the Brewers more time figure out where to move their AA affiliate. As far as shabbiness goes in minor league ball parks, I'd have to compare it to Greer Stadium in Nashville and The Diamond in Richmond. But even at those two parks, the scoreboard works and they sell actual ice cream, not just Dippin' Dots. The only good thing I can say about it is thankfully they knocked a dollar off the parking this year.

The Havoc probably out-draw the Stars, and their season is less than half as long.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
boxbreaker44 said:
That was short lived.

1B Hunter Morris assigned to Brevard County Manatees from Huntsville Stars.

It was to cover for a player on the DL, I knew it wasn't for season.

Members online