Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Micah Owings gets the call tonight for the D-Backs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1nvested

Apr 24, 2011
Owings is 3-1 and has a 4.85 ERA in seven starts at Triple-A Reno. He's slotted to make his first start of the season. Owings has started 45 games in two seasons with Arizona. Taking on the twinkies tonight....we'll see how he fares. I'm predicting 6 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 5 SO, 2 BB

hockeyfights

Mar 4, 2011
Georgia
I didn't know he was back in Arizona, thought he was still in the Reds organization. Good for him though, former teammate and classmate of mine. He needs to be in the AL. He could DH, pitch or play 1B. He would be a 20-30 HR hitter.

5076886867_78dc23ec70_z.jpg

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I am actually somewhat surprised he hasn't given hitting full time a try at this point.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
markakis8
.....Willy Mo Pena? (oh god please no)

vagrant
when he came back to arizona it originally was advertised that he would be a backup 1b for Brandon Allen since he could hit.

I'll give 'em this, he can hit! If he could stay healthy & find his click and be solid he would be a great asset to any team AL or NL, but.....well he's back here in AZ. Oh well

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I looked up his career numbers and couldn't believe he's a career .293 hitter with 9 HR and 14 2B in 184 AB. Even Ankiel never put up numbers like that while he was pitching even if it was quite brief during his career.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
bighurtcollector said:
markakis8
.....Willy Mo Pena? (oh god please no)

vagrant
when he came back to arizona it originally was advertised that he would be a backup 1b for Brandon Allen since he could hit.

I'll give 'em this, he can hit! If he could stay healthy & find his click and be solid he would be a great asset to any team AL or NL, but.....well he's back here in AZ. Oh well

Don't mock the Mo
5646798587_77c26cd69f_z.jpg

1nvested

Apr 24, 2011
1nvested said:
Owings is 3-1 and has a 4.85 ERA in seven starts at Triple-A Reno. He's slotted to make his first start of the season. Owings has started 45 games in two seasons with Arizona. Taking on the twinkies tonight....we'll see how he fares. I'm predicting 6 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 5 SO, 2 BB

Final line for last night.....5.1 IP, 7 H, 3 ER, 3 SO, 1 BB

Derriz

Aug 7, 2008
Dang. I totally missed him signing away from the Reds over the winter. I figured he was down in AAA playing.

Members online

Latest posts