Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bryce Harper bowman auto price dip..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK11

May 24, 2010
When considering a floor on this card, there is a discrepancy because some autos are clean and not streaky, while a lot of them are not good looking. I still see a premium when a good one shows up. There was one last night that had a nice clean auto that lasted only 7 minutes on ebay for $700. In standard bidding, I can imagine around $800 for a clean auto. For the rest which are shotty and won't grade well, they will fall some. Most of his AFLAC autos were fine, but there will be a gap in prices on these 2011 ones. Hopefully he signs a chrome card better...

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I really don't see much of a chance at all of making anything if you are paying $1500 for a case of jumbos at this point. Even if you hit a Harper base auto, and the normal Harper stuff, you still might only be pushing $1000. With the lack of color and overall weakness of most of the checklist, even if you hit a Harper you still need to do well.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Anything under $325

There was no announced production run (like Stras). There are redemptions, for different photos (?) or maybe stickers (heard that rumor as well).

If it was similar to Strasburg last year (/500, /250, /25, /1), I'd say $450. But with the uncertainty, I'll say under $325

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
Once Chrome autos hit and if they are signed decent. Floor is really going drop even more. Easily drop below $200 on some of the crappy signed ones. Maybe even more, I'm amazed people are spending so much on some of these but ugly looking cards Harper signed. Better autoed ones would hold more value. But those seem to be pretty scarce. Will be interesting if BGS hammers the auto grade on a lot of these with 7 and 8. That is all the deserve at best. If they start handing out 10 autos one some of these streaky wispy lightly signed cards. I can't wait to see the uproar on them. Buyers are still going to be able to see the sigs, so even with a high auto grade... I doubt they get any premium with 10 unless it is deserved.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
someone i know who has ripped around 10 jumbo cases has pulled 8 harpers,
so he is either real lucky or there really are a lot of them.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
can someone explain to me why neither he nor stras had normal chrome 1st bowman autos like everyone else, but rather the papers?

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
That would be why the person that won mine for $860 is claiming a bad corner and returning it. The thing was mint and well protected. Just had that feeling when the offer came in that I wouldn't be holding that money for long. Thanks to eBay for going all Bob Barker making sure sellers are neutered. Sickening.

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
tikitomoka said:
can someone explain to me why neither he nor stras had normal chrome 1st bowman autos like everyone else, but rather the papers?

Spreading the wealth and making sure all their prospect releases are profitable. Bowman auto in B w/ C, Bowman Chrome auto in BC.

Without Bowman autos, '10 and '11 would have been lame products

crowTrobot

Nov 4, 2010
this is expected since like jumbo wax price they just started out too high on release. compared to the AFLAC it really should be a $400 card. that's what strasburg was until his first MLB start. even so i think they are holding up remarkably well considering including retail redemptions something like 90 base have sold and 60ish are currently listed.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
His AFLAC autos (though lower than before) are holding strong at $800+. Great sign IMO as people are turning to his AFLAC auto as THE card to get especially with all the ink issues from 2011 Bowman.

crowTrobot

Nov 4, 2010
strasburg blues were only $600 or so at first. harper blues are $1000+ so far, more than the AFLAC. AFLAC looks like a good investment comparatively.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
This screams trouble. I have no evidence to substantiate this, but I think the folks buying these cards genuinely expect to make money. They're not collecting and they're not end-consumers, they're buying these as an investment and assuming that they'll increase proportionally to Strasburg.

Could get ugly if Harper doesn't see a call-up this year.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
pigskincardboard said:
This screams trouble. I have no evidence to substantiate this, but I think the folks buying these cards genuinely expect to make money. They're not collecting and they're not end-consumers, they're buying these as an investment and assuming that they'll increase proportionally to Strasburg.

I'll be there with an open paypal account if it does.

pigskincardboard

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
cgilmo said:
pigskincardboard said:

I'll be there with an open paypal account if it does.

I would assume so. Personally, I just don't see the reward potential of these right now.

What do people honestly thinking these will get to if:

a) Harper does very well in the minors
b) gets called up and has three weeks of sports center love.

Do people really think this is a $1500 (or even $2000) card if there are.. 1600 copies? I can't remember what the number is. But I can think of a lot of better bets that pay 1:1.

Members online

No members online now.