Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Bowmans Best???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spcollector

Nov 11, 2009
Quick question... Are the 2011 Bowmans Best inserts cosidered to be Bowman Chrome inserts or Bowman inserts??? Any help would be appreciated!

Moonlight Graham

Aug 7, 2008
Renton, WA
DeliciousBacon said:
I think they are considered Bowman Chrome inserts, whenever I've gotten one in a pack it always replaces one of the Chrome prospects.

I pulled a Simon Castro Bowmans Best refractor /99... wouldn't that have to make them Bowman Chrome?

Aug 13, 2008
Actually you whipper snappers, not all refractors are chrome (which is what I think the point of this post is). There were Bowmans Best Refractors and Atomic Refractors back in the day. There were also Finest and Finest Refractors as well.

It is a 2011 Bowman Insert - just because it replaces a chrome in the pack also doesn't make it chrome.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
Captain Feathersword said:
Actually you whipper snappers, not all refractors are chrome (which is what I think the point of this post is). There were Bowmans Best Refractors and Atomic Refractors back in the day. There were also Finest and Finest Refractors as well.

It is a 2011 Bowman Insert - just because it replaces a chrome in the pack also doesn't make it chrome.

...but they were all made with "chromium technology"....

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Captain Feathersword said:

The packs advertise 2 Bowman Chrome cards per pack (or 6 in the jumbos). A pack with a Best insert only has one Chrome prospect, so to make the up advertised 2 Chromes, they must count the Best as a Chrome card.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I think it counts as the retail chrome, but it's an extra in the Jumbos. I just pulled an xfractor last night, and the pack had 2, as the last card in the Jumbos is always a BB. But i guess I didn't pay attention if that pack only had 5 chrome.

Members online

Latest posts