Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I can't believe the Dodgers are getting sued....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
::facepalm:: by the Stow family.

The family just lost most of my sympathy.

On second thought, I'm NOT surprised the Dodgers are getting sued. Next will be the LAPD, the city of LA, and the state of California and the USA for not protecting a poor guy who got beat up.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Not a fan of frivolous lawsuits by any means.....

but the Dodgers have shown a complete disregard for the safety of the people in and around their own stadium.

Good suit, IMO

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I don't care that they sue. Comes with the territory. It happened on Dodgers' property, so why shouldn't they be partialy to blame? If I got beat up at YOUR house by one of your friends, I'd sue you too. (but I doubt anyone here has such P.O.S. friends).

Could the Dodgers' organization really have prevented it? No. Is this the type of thing that ghoulish insurance policies are sold for? Yep. It's not like Kershaw will get paid less. Whatever insurance company they use will fork over the money.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
cgilmo said:
If you got beat up at my house by one pd my friends you probably deserved it.

You almost hit the correct letters...LOL

I guess they need to blame someone...Since they aren't going to get any money from the dudes that beat him up.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
I see no problem whatsoever.

The Dodgers let fan behavior at the stadium slide so bad that it's known in other parts of the country to be a gang hangout for crying out loud. Deserved or not, that's the rep. They make millions upon millions at the park, the least they could do is make it safe.

Bigfan5

Aug 7, 2008
It's an absolutely valid suit and one that should be filed. This man is facing the possibility of being permanently disabled and unable to provide for his family. The lack of proper security at the venue certainly accounted for the altercation in that a strong deterrent wasn't in place. Also, had more security been present there would have been a quicker response resulting in possibly reducing the victims injuries. This is why the team has insurance and the family has every right to file the suit.

Kevbo

Aug 7, 2008
You're also not charging $75 bucks for the general public to come over and watch the game in your venue, nor are you employing security, ushers, concessions, etc. Unless you are. In which case, valid discussion.

Vagrant

May 2, 2009
I also hear that part of the suit is the response time in getting him out of the situation. It has been rumored that it took security 15 minutes to arrive on the scene, which is entirely unreasonable and could have perhaps contributed to his condition and/or not being able to apprehend the suspects. It looks like a pretty clear cut case of negligence, and this is not the first time I have heard of this kind of thing coming out of this particular locale.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
lisu said:
Someone needs to pay for his hospital bills and his lost income. This is totally deserved.

Really? All the donations that have been made aren't going to what they were intended? Please this is soo not necessary. They are out for a buck now. If they were good holsum folks they would be happy with the bills being paid. Plain and simple.

Ian Stewart

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
I don't think you have a case if you get beat up at someone's house by their friend unless you can prove negligence.

I'm not a lawyer but I believe that to be the case.

That's false.

A friend of mine recently got sued (he eventually lost, too) by some kid who got his ass beat at his house during a party.

Members online

Latest posts