Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Interesting tidbit about the Mets I discovered today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Jesse Orosco recorded the final out of the 1986 World Series.
Jerry Koosman recorded the final out of the 1969 World Series.
These are the only two World Series the Mets have won.
Orosco was traded to the Mets from the Twins as the player-to-be-named-later after they traded Koosman to the twins in 1979.
Koosman's final out in the 1969 WS was none other than the Orioles' Davey Johnson, the Mets' (and therefore Orosco's) manager for the 1986 team.

I realize this isn't life changing stuff, but I never knew it and thought I would share it for the four other Mets fans out there.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
The most interesting tidbit about the Mets I know is that they have not had a pitcher throw a no-hitter! Thinking about a few of the pitchers the Mets have had through the years, it seems crazy to me.

I guess Nolan Ryan thought the Mets sucked bad enough that he decided he would do his 7 no-hitters with other clubs. :lol:

BrewerSuperCollector

Aug 10, 2008
rsmath said:
I guess Nolan Ryan thought the Mets sucked bad enough that he decided he would do his 7 no-hitters with other clubs. :lol:

Or, the Mets thought Ryan sucked enough to trade him with 3 other guys for Jim Fergosi.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
On the topic of interesting tidbits on the Mets, they are leading the league in attendance on the road. No clue why that might be, and it could simply be the result of playing against teams that draw well, but I was surprised. Home attendance is down to 28,000 which is pretty unimpressive.

Members online