Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Prospectors: Thoughts on Mark Canha (Marlins) ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RandomH

Mark was a 7th rounder for the Marlins in 2010. I've heard people talk about him as a darkhorse/sleeper in the minors.
He kinda cooled off over his last games (.259), but his avg is still .377 for the year. He seems to be lacking a bit of power, but seems like a decent prospect no one knows about.

Thoughts?

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
I was not really aware of him, but after a quick glance it looks like he missed 17 days on the DL and just played again today for the first time.

He's a 22 year old in Low A so he's old for the league, however he did go to a major college program, so its not like he had a chance to play in the pros till he was 21 anyway. This is only his second pro season.

He has twice as many walks to K's which is very impressive.

He's got good size, no idea if he's very athletic but at 1b that's not overly common.

I'd say he's interesting, but obviously will be a little bit old at each level for a while.

Kinda like how Jerry Sands was old at each level, but just kept proving he belonged.

Interesting guy to keep an eye on, but nobody i'd dump huge funds into.........yet :)

RandomH

Mudcatsfan said:
I was not really aware of him, but after a quick glance it looks like he missed 17 days on the DL and just played again today for the first time.

He's a 22 year old in Low A so he's old for the league, however he did go to a major college program, so its not like he had a chance to play in the pros till he was 21 anyway. This is only his second pro season.

He has twice as many walks to K's which is very impressive.

He's got good size, no idea if he's very athletic but at 1b that's not overly common.

I'd say he's interesting, but obviously will be a little bit old at each level for a while.

Kinda like how Jerry Sands was old at each level, but just kept proving he belonged.

Interesting guy to keep an eye on, but nobody i'd dump huge funds into.........yet :)
Very insightful and appreciated. Thank you! :D

SteakNchop

Jan 9, 2011
I saw him play at Cal Berkeley (saw him play about 50 games) and he is pretty good. I don't think he'll turn out great though.

Members online