Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1999 Best Baseball America minor league set -- QUESTION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
I don't post too much but read the boards religiously and I'm hoping that someone can help with the question I've got (and that I haven't missed an answer to this question in the past).

In the 1999 Baseball America minor league set by Team Best, there are several different parallels listed by Beckett:

Gold
Silver
Diamond Best Gold
Diamond Best Silver

Does the Gold actually exist? I know a lot of people are confused by these, because in the past month, I've thought I had a gold Bronson Arroyo twice (i collect his stuff) only for it to arrive as the Diamond Best Gold version (which is gold foil on the front, with four diamonds in gold above the gold best logo). The gold version, if it's anything like the silver, is simply gold on the Team Best logo and numbered on the back (the silver are #d to 150).

So my question is does anyone have any of these that i could see, so that I know they actually made gold ones, and if so, what they are #d to. I think they're #d out of 50...

And who might have one???

Thanks!

And if anyone has any Bronson Arroyo or Jose Rijo stuff, I'd be interested! Thanks.

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
That's actually a different set... there was a rookies/draft picks set, and then a Baseball America prospets set that is red bordered. Looking at COMC i've determined that they do exist - there is a Jose Santos #d out of 50. But for the life of me I can't find a Bronson Arroyo...

Todd44

Nov 25, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:
Beckett.com's Marketplace has a bunch of the Golds, but no Arroyo.
I actually bought one advertised as an Arroyo gold on the marketplace but it was the diamond best gold. Then bought one on sportlots and same thing...

Members online