Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Curse you BGS!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
I mean, come on BGS? Show some love!!
9.5, 9.5, 9.5, 8.5
almora1.jpg

9.5, 9.5, 9.5, 8.5
perez1.jpg

9.5, 9.5, 9.5, 8.5
burr1.jpg

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
Messier2 said:
Did you wipe down the surface at all on either card?

Yes I cleaned them well. I always clean them. As you can see from my sig I have been fairly lucky with completing this set. Just having issues with the final few cards. :( 2 of them were resubs. One had a 9.5 surface the first time and the other had a 9 surface. :? I thought they were good to go. I just can't figure it out.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
cmnkb8 said:
If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

I guess. What do you guys think, pop and resub or send back slabbed for a sub bump?

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
You have a legitimate gripe. It irritates me when bgs does this just so I have to resub the card and pay the grading fee all over again. Good luck however you resub.

cmnkb8

Nov 17, 2009
The Armpit of America: NEW JERSEY!
jbrown said:
cmnkb8 said:
If at first you don't succeed, try and try again.

I guess. What do you guys think, pop and resub or send back slabbed for a sub bump?

Keep them slabbed and send in for a sub bump. No reason to crack out a card with (3) 9.5's. Besides, as it's already happened to you, they could LOWER the grade on re-examination if you crack it out. They can't do that if you leave it slabbed.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
I have the same problem with BGS. I had at least 10 cards subbed, all had 3 grades of 9.5 or better and all the cards came back with either a 8 or 8.5 on the surface grade. WTF? And I checked and cleaned the surface of each card before the submission.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Seems your cards were on the 8.5 surface day. I think they give out 9's on Wednesday and 9.5's on Thursday.
So next time mail in accordingly and then pick the 10 day service as so it can fall on being graded on Thursday. :D

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
I was told by someone at BGS that the surface on the front of the card and the surface on the back of the card both count toward your grade. On that note, be careful what you submit as far as card backs go.

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
matchpenalty said:
Yeah, screw BGS for not giving every single card a 9.5. Who would ever be happy with a mint 9. Just keep sending them your cash.

It's not about having every card come back as gem mint, slick. In a typical situation a 9 is fine with me. But I am trying to finish this set with every card being Gem Mint. I was just frustrated that the 3 I sent in were all .5 from being Gem Mint. Not to mention the fact that before I resubmitted them they had better surface grades. I would have been happy at 33%. So now I will have to continue my search and buy other copies to grade or resubmit these. Either way it will cost me money. Who cares if my cash goes to BGS or someone selling the cards?

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
matchpenalty said:
Yeah, screw BGS for not giving every single card a 9.5. Who would ever be happy with a mint 9. Just keep sending them your cash.

:lol: :lol:
Better yet, send 'em, say, $80 and just tell them the grade you want on it! Saves time!

jbrown

Nov 28, 2009
KY
gwynn5453l4u said:
matchpenalty said:

:lol: :lol:
Better yet, send 'em, say, $80 and just tell them the grade you want on it! Saves time!

If this would work I would do it. I just want to be done with this set! Does anyone here have any of these 3 that are or could be BGS 9.5s?

Members online