Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hi, im Bryce Harper...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
hitting a buck twenty eight his last 10 games

human, OMG !!

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Perfet time for espn to do a story on him being the hottest prospect ever (or something; I didn't read it).

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Hi, I'm boomo - the guy who created this thread and is simultaneously selling his higher-end autos on consignment for others.

Dude, you are WEIRD.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Jaypers said:
Hi, I'm boomo - the guy who created this thread and is simultaneously selling his higher-end autos on consignment for others.

Dude, you are WEIRD.

It goes to show not ALL people are overrun by greed.....very refreshing.

How does it show that?

nyc3

Aug 20, 2008
Well since he has been in a slump sooooo long there is no choice but to let him go. Really sad to see talent wasted, or topics made wayyyy too early to do an end zone dance. ~

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Jaypers said:

Dude, you are WEIRD.

How does it show that?

Its not his card. No reason to hype him or it up.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
P_Manning 18 said:
hive17 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":59hu4zd2]
Jaypers said:

Dude, you are WEIRD.

How does it show that?

Its not his card. No reason to hype him or it up.[/quote:59hu4zd2]

I think JP's point was "why are you selling something that isn't yours, and then posting things that run contrary to maximizing the profit of those you a selling FOR?"

It'd be like an SUV salesman who sells in consignment for others saying: "have you seen how quick these things catch on fire after they roll over?"

And I understand that boomo was making a joke, OMGZ so-to-speak; just explaining JP's statement.

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
hive17 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
Jaypers said:

Dude, you are WEIRD.

How does it show that?

Because he obviously doesn't care if this thread makes even one person who had been planning on bidding, not. Just my opinion.

The fact that it is a consignment mean little in the equation, he's still getting paid based on a % of the final price, I would assume.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
hive17 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":37isj4wp]
Jaypers said:

Dude, you are WEIRD.

How does it show that?

Because he obviously doesn't care if this thread makes even one person who had been planning on bidding, not. Just my opinion.

The fact that it is a consignment mean little in the equation, he's still getting paid based on a % of the final price.[/quote:37isj4wp]

Does no one understand that it might not be exactly the thing his customers want him to do? I'm fine with him not caring about HIS profit %, but he sure as **** should care about MINE (if he were selling my stuff).

Joshua.Roundtree

Mar 12, 2010
Clearwater, FL
hive17 said:
Joshua.Roundtree said:
hive17 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":11bafkeu]
Jaypers said:

Dude, you are WEIRD.

How does it show that?

The fact that it is a consignment mean little in the equation, he's still getting paid based on a % of the final price.

Does no one understand that it might not be exactly the thing his customers want him to do? I'm fine with him not caring about HIS profit %, but he sure as shat should care about MINE (if he were selling my stuff).[/quote:11bafkeu]

So he can't have an opinion, or in this case, state a fact because of the reprecussion of something he is selling on eBay for someone else? Maybe his customer won't come back but obvious the OP doesn't care. I still think this is very refreshing.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Joshua.Roundtree said:
hive17 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":1h483dam]
hive17 said:
[quote="Joshua.Roundtree":1h483dam]
Jaypers said:

Dude, you are WEIRD.

How does it show that?

The fact that it is a consignment mean little in the equation, he's still getting paid based on a % of the final price.

Does no one understand that it might not be exactly the thing his customers want him to do? I'm fine with him not caring about HIS profit %, but he sure as shat should care about MINE (if he were selling my stuff).[/quote:1h483dam]

So he can't have an opinion, or in this case, state a fact because of the reprecussion of something he is selling on eBay for someone else? Maybe his customer won't come back but obvious the OP doesn't care. I still think this is very refreshing.[/quote:1h483dam]

OK, we're on the same page. But I also agree with JP that it's weird for someone to do when they are trying to sell something for someone else. If you don't want your customers to come back, just stop having customers in the first place.

But also, I agree that this was tongue-in-cheek; there's no real issue here, as no one on this board will be effected by it.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Oh my goodness, someone cited statistics showing that the most hyped prospect in the game is in a bit of a slump. ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rule #1 of FCB: Never say anything negative about a prospect because it might cause someone to pay less for his cards. This especially applies if the statement made is true.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
NECpilgrims8 said:
If a sarcastic post like this actually drives prices down, then we really are all sheep....

I've already got a pm from the Harper Super owner wanting to know what is so funny about this thread.

He then challenged me to a MMA match on Long Island.

Members online

Latest posts