Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bautista connected 20th HR today.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
He is one HR ahead of Matt Williams' 1994 pace. Williams hit his 19th in the Giants' 52nd game that year (today is the Blue Jays' 52nd game). Williams finished with 43 in 115 games (projects out to 61 in 162 games) before the strike ended the season.

I would love to see Bautista hit 60. His current pace puts him on track for 62.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
Walk, single, Bautista. Can't start an inning any better.

Jose's also missed 8 games to date (three for the birth of his child, five with a neck injury) so his personal pace is much better.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
leatherman said:
He is one HR ahead of Matt Williams' 1994 pace. Williams hit his 19th in the Giants' 52nd game that year (today is the Blue Jays' 52nd game). Williams finished with 43 in 115 games (projects out to 61 in 162 games) before the strike ended the season.

I would love to see Bautista hit 60. His current pace puts him on track for 62.

I Like Bautista and Matty alot, but why would you compare the 2 players? And not compare Jose Bautista to Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa?

Do you think the 43 HRs in 1994 was clean, Hell No!
They all juiced, even Matt Williams, ...come on, he played in the 1980s-90s.... they ALL did!
He juiced and also did HGH... Look it up (ie Wikipedia)...

But Im also one to say that these so called PEDs are NOT the factor that made these guys stronger... thus more HRs, The weight room is the culprit...
If you want the power numbers to return to the late 1960's levels in baseball, you need to ban weight lifting and encourage heavy smoking and daily boozing during the season, ..........and maybe raise the mound a few inches too :)

PS would love to see Bautista hit 71 or 72! (Bonds was my fav player :))

Members online