Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who got the better end of this trade?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigmick33

Jun 20, 2010
Atlanta
I traded a 2008 Jason Heyward Bowman Chrome AFLAC auto, a 2008 Freddie Freeman Bowman Chrome AFLAC auto, and a Dominic Brown Threads auto /999 for a 2001 SP Legendary Cuts auto Joe Dimaggio PSA 8 /150 and a Pro Signs Derek Jeter auto.

I am both a Yankees fan and a Braves fan, so the Joe D and Jeter were great additions, but I was sad to get rid of the Heyward.

howardpwr06

May 13, 2010
Pennsylvania
DiMaggio and Jeter's careers can never be taken away from them and they will always be considered baseball greats. Heyward, Freeman, and Brown still have to mold and shape their careers. I would take the proven stars over the gamble any day. Its more or less like cashing out in Vegas, you could have let it ride and make some more money or you could lose it all and come away with your tail between your legs.

Voices

Feb 5, 2011
Joltin joe d and jeter good trade,i would give those up any day for those two yankee legends.Even know i'm not yankees fan.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
It might show how little I know, but I'd have taken even just the Joe D. for those 3. The Jeter seems like gravy to me.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
It might show how little I know, but I'd have taken even just the Joe D. for those 3. The Jeter seems like gravy to me.

DiMaggio $325
Jeter $100
----------
$425

Heyward $330
Freeman $115
Brown $25
-------------
$470

bigmick33

Jun 20, 2010
Atlanta
dollars wise I think it may be pretty even, but to not have the risk of those players not making huge impacts and the chance of the valuse dropping made this an easy trade

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
bigmick33 said:
dollars wise I think it may be pretty even, but to not have the risk of those players not making huge impacts and the chance of the valuse dropping made this an easy trade
I sold my Heyward Aflac last year for $550 so according to PManning's numbers the value has already dropped.
I think you made the right call on that trade, congrats!

Members online