Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

bgs 9.5 10 auto vs psa 10 bowman chromes and stuff

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
fellas, another question, need some expertise...

bgs 9.5 10 auto vs psa 10 of bowman chrome rc's

i brought up this topic a loooong time ago and most said they choose bgs 9.5 10 auto over psa 10's any day.

yes, the slabs are nicer, sturdier, and the auto grade makes it that much more desirable and such

however, have you guys seen the price difference between the bgs 9.5 10 autos vs psa 10's of the same card/player? i didn't research enough at the moment (only example i saw was the bumgarner sterling. sell price was almost identical)

with recently bowman products that are less than perfect on the autos such as stanton bcdp autos, aflac autos, bowman sterling sticker autos that run outside of the sticker, most of these are hard to get the 10 auto grade.

i can certainly see a bgs 9.5 with a 9 auto sell for less than psa 10 of the same card (correct me if im wrong here as this is pure speculation on my part)

and the price difference between the gem bgs vs gem psa's aren't that far off

so my question is, for selling purposes, wouldn't it be more prudent to towards psa for these issues i've addressed above?

what do you guys think?

dave

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Anything that may become important in a set registry in the future, you are better to go with PSA. Anything that is 2000+ that isn't likely to become registry important you are better to go with BGS. Honestly I would go with anything with a smaller population report for 2000+ stuff.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
What I believe has happened to the industry:

BGS is still considered by most to be the best for modern grading, and because of this gets way more Chrome submissions than PSA. Meanwhile though, there are still a decent number of hardcore PSA guys who don't have any interest in the BGS stuff. Despite PSA having flimsier cases and (possibly) slightly more lenient grading, the very limited supply of Chrome cards that are graded by PSA create a situation where the prices are often on par with BGS or at times even a decent amount higher, despite the fact that demand is lower for the PSA stuff.

Call me crazy, but I think this explains the phenomenon.

Members online