Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Card show pickups from Phoenix

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Went to a small card and coin show. Only 30 tables 20 dealers. Heck there was only 10 guys selling cards and half of those were trying to get rid of 80's and 90's junk.
Well I found one dealer who had a 3 row box full of chrome, sterling, elite autos and I started pulling out the ones I wanted. I asked for a price and he said he would rather just sell the whole box for $400. I ended up with 500+ autos and game used.
these are the ones I have scanned so far.
ba.jpg
bc-1.jpg
another scan added
bb.jpg

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Heres a counting of what I have found
2009 Sterling autos
3 Tommy Hanson autos
7 Reymond Fuentes
5 Tommy Delmonica 1 ref
5 Mike Minor 2 ref autos
2010 sterling autos
3 Mike Olt
4 Peter Tago
2 Tim Beckham
2 Drew Pomeranz

the Will Clark is a Diamond Kings recollection auto /88 any info on that card?
I see one sold for $81 is that a one time price or a good price? One hasn't been listed in awhile

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
bdal23 said:
Heres a counting of what I have found
2009 Sterling autos
3 Tommy Hanson autos
7 Reymond Fuentes
5 Tommy Delmonica 1 ref
5 Mike Minor 2 ref autos
2010 sterling autos
3 Mike Olt
4 Peter Tago
2 Tim Beckham
2 Drew Pomeranz

I see one sold for $81 is that a one time price or a good price? One hasn't been listed in awhile

Ask member A_Pharris. He will know

A_Pharis

bdal23 said:

2001 Diamond Kings 20th anniversary reprint auto.
I purchased mine probably 4 years ago for somewhere around $30. $81 seems REALLY high for that card, but I guess it's possible. Got a link to it?

Also - any more DK autos in there?

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:
bdal23 said:

I purchased mine probably 4 years ago for somewhere around $30. $81 seems REALLY high for that card, but I guess it's possible. Got a link to it?

No other DK autos sorry
dont know how to link but heres the address
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0673582281

A_Pharis

bdal23 said:
A_Pharis said:
bdal23 said:

No other DK autos sorry
dont know how to link but heres the address
http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0673582281

That's insane. But I will say that the prices of autos on old DKs has gone WAY up since I've amassed my collection. I think there's a few people out there trying to do the same thing. I see lots that cost me under $15 going for $30+.

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Thanks A_Pharis
more cards. Im happy but the wife is not so happy :lol:
be.jpg

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
from what you have shown your wife will be happy when you sell those.

what in the world was that seller thinking. he must've needed $400 hard cash fast. drug habit?

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
that's awesome, i almost went to that show. A co worker of mine told me that her husband sells at that show from time to time. I actually went to my first show in 10+ years last weekend....not too happy with the state of Phoenix card shows to be honest with ya

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
from what you have shown your wife will be happy when you sell those.

what in the world was that seller thinking. he must've needed $400 hard cash fast. drug habit?

Dont really know. I stood there for a good 20 minutes thinking about it. Not because it wasnt a good deal. I just didnt know if it was worth the look from the wife I was gonna get. :lol: I almost didnt buy them. He had another box of base chrome and sterling rookies. I could have got that box if I wanted but knew if I brought in 3 super shoe boxes I would be sleeping on the couch for awhille

another batch

bfff.jpg

the Gwynn is numbered to 25

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
bighurtcollector said:
that's awesome, i almost went to that show. A co worker of mine told me that her husband sells at that show from time to time. I actually went to my first show in 10+ years last weekend....not too happy with the state of Phoenix card shows to be honest with ya

Which ones have you been to?
There is usually one at the Central Baptist church about monthly with autograph guests.
This show used to be a lot better but it lost two of the better dealers. One went through a messy divorce and sold all his cards. the other took out at a $50000 loan to buy cards last I heard. I have not seen him since. I think he overextended himself and had to sell off everything
This show is I went to today is very small and not worth my time but I wanted to stop by,

bdal23

Aug 7, 2008
Superhuskiefan1 said:
Any fs/ft?
I have now sorted the lots I am gonna sell on ebay to get my $400 back as soon as I can.
I hope to make a thread on the trade board later.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
Ha, funny you mention the central/bethany show. That's the one, back in '01 I used to do that show, when I could get a table...I remember when 01 donruss came out I was on a 3 page waiting list to sell at that show, last week the two rows of tables was, well sad. I really only go to Batters Box also, not to offend any other sellers in town or anything but I know Dave is honest and to where he doesn't normally have high end packs and boxes and stuff I know i'll always walk away happy with him, been dealing with him for 15 years now. I think i'm going to start going to the shows monthly, i picked up a few good cards last week for my PC. One was a Ducky medwick jumbo swatch; guy wanted $100 and i got that and a marty marion auto for $30 so i was happy with that! and another guy had a $5 each or 3/$10 and I dont hink he realized he had chrome autos and ginter on card autos in there. I was happy on that one too :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts