Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Seriously,why do you collect?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Most of you know i collect Juan Gonzalez. I also collect because i think alot of the cards from the 90's are true works of art. just look at the 93 Flair. just the base set is drop dead gorgeous! the 1996 Select Certified Mirrors, 1995 Finest Refractors, 1997 Donruss Power Alley, 1997 & 98 Donruss Preferred Precious Metals , 1998 Bowman Chrome Golden Anniversary Refractors, 1998 Collector's Choice series 2 StarQuest Home Run, 1998 Donruss Crusade,1998 Topps Stars Luminaries Gold Rainbow. These are some of the cards when you have them in hand are breathtaking works of art. Thats why i collect. You?

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
so I can needlessly throw money away.

Its called a hobby for a reason ;)

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
I collect because sports cards remind me of a simpler, happier time in my life. My dad used to buy me a box of 1991 Donruss when I got straight A's. I remember riding my bike up to the card shop and buying packs of 1994 Flair Marvel. I mowed lawns for half the summer to buy the 91 Stadium Club Juan Gonzalez (it used to book at $25; in retrospect, I apparently worked for slave wages when I was 10)

I collect now because otherwise, I'd probably lose my mind.

It's the last remaining link between my 30 year old self and my childhood. That, and Hardy Boys and Hank the Cowdog books

longbomberz

Aug 11, 2008
I enjoy collecting cards as an extension of my sports fandom. However silly it may seem it feels like you are a little but closer to the team or player or at least have something tangible to show for your fandom. The profit aspect is certainly part of it as well. It is fun to try to find a card you can make a little bit of money on, but that is certainly not my sole focus. I enjoy breaking wax pretty much solely for the gambling aspect. I know that 95% of the time I will have been able to buy a really nice single off of Ebay but at the same time nothing beats the feeling of sliding over a base card to see a card worth a couple hundred bucks.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
ThoseBackPages said:
Addiction
that also
icon_lol.gif
I'm hooked I'm hooked my brain is cooked!

Viking4Alpha

Aug 10, 2008
All of the above.

Buying/collecting cards supplements the game.

Cards and fantasy ball. I don't know what I'd do without them.

bravesfan22

Feb 22, 2011
Greentown/Kokomo, IN
My brother, nephew and I all collect cards. It's a good bonding thing. Going to cards shows, busting boxes and checking book prices is just a good time. Like most people have said, it reminds me of being young again when my brother would buy me packs for my birthday, now i'm buying packs for my nephew for his birthday etc. It's a link to my youth and its just part of being a fan.