Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Any shot these prospects get a september call up?

Best Shot of being called up by/in September?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
Mike Trout
Matt harvey
Jesus Montero
Mike Moustakas
Allen Webster
Shelby Miller
Dee Gordon

Who do you think has the best shot of getting a cup of coffee in september?

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
Moustakas. Mainly because the Royals will likely be out of contention by then. Heck might even see him get the call around the all-star break. The Royals have also been aggressive bringing up their talent this year (Hosmer, Duffy, ect.)

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
StrasburgMania said:
DEE gordon and Jesus Montero. No way in hell mike trout gets the call didnt even play in spring training.

He's hiting close to .300 in AA and has been doing it all year. Although he's still only 20, he's very advanced for his age.

As for my pick I took Moose followed closely by Montero...

shayscards79

Aug 17, 2010
Chicago
I'm going with Montero because of the Posada situation and Moose second, he'd probably be up sooner if Betamit wasn't playing so well. Id be willing to bet the Royals call up Montgomery before Moose.

Halonut

Aug 7, 2008
Trout was with the big league club for the 1st half of spring, however i don't see him making the bigs until mid 2012 at the soonest.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
Nick1190 said:
StrasburgMania said:
DEE gordon and Jesus Montero. No way in hell mike trout gets the call didnt even play in spring training.

He's hiting close to .300 in AA and has been doing it all year. Although he's still only 20, he's very advanced for his age.

As for my pick I took Moose followed closely by Montero...
He won't be out of AA until the end of the season.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Matt Harvey, simply because it would be the dumbest thing for the Mets to do, and they are apt to do just that.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
StrasburgMania said:
He won't be out of AA until the end of the season.

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Nick1190 said:

He's been slumping the past two weeks, as he was up over .320 mid-May whereas he is now at .295. Also, he's still 19 for a couple of months. If he is hitting .310+ come late-August, the Angels will bring him up for September.

Moose should be there first one called up from the bunch, followed by Montero/Trout/Gordon in September.

VinnyH

Oct 5, 2010
Westchester, NY
Brett Lawrie's just gotta get his defense at 3rd in order and should be up soon.

LawrieLetterssm.jpg

Best to All,
VinnyH

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
jrinne said:
Mike Scioscia already said that Trout wont get called up this year.

Again, false. Scioscia said in a recent interview that if the situation in LF isn't resolved and Trout is still developing at his current pace in a month, that they will look in to calling him up to the big club. What Scioscia said during ST about it being very unlikely for Trout to come up this year is negated by his recent comments.

jondawg04

Sep 1, 2008
ballerskrip said:
jrinne said:

Where would he play anyways? Over Abreu, HUnter, Wells, and Bourjous?

Wells is on the DL and Bourjos had been stinking it up until these past few games. Abreu is terrible in the outfield, so outside of a few starts out there to give the others their days off, he won't be out there often.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
shayscards79 said:
I'm going with Montero because of the Posada situation and Moose second, he'd probably be up sooner if Betamit wasn't playing so well. Id be willing to bet the Royals call up Montgomery before Moose.

I dont get it..Posada hasnt been catching at all this year. Doesnt mean Montero's going to get the call because of Posada's struggles.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
jondawg04 said:
ballerskrip said:
jrinne said:

Where would he play anyways? Over Abreu, HUnter, Wells, and Bourjous?

Wells is on the DL and Bourjos had been stinking it up until these past few games. Abreu is terrible in the outfield, so outside of a few starts out there to give the others their days off, he won't be out there often.

+1 bourjos is about about to lose playing time with Russell Branyan which would push Mark Trumbo to left field. They will not use Abreu as an everyday outfield option. Wells has been horrible when he was on the field and just now started running again. Trout is playing nice, but isn't really pushing anyones card at the moment.

Members online