Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

fake patch???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Maybe legit but I wouldn't touch them....way to many questionable cards being sold by the seller.

Derriz

Aug 7, 2008
Look at the rest of the stuff he's selling off. Either this guy has the most amazing collection in the world or he hit up the $.25 gumball machine to bring you the most amazing fake patches ever.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
thanks. the reason i ask is why in the hell would anyone f--- up a serial numberd to 5 card. much less 2 of them. i just don't know. without seeing another.

Nick1190

Banned
Aug 7, 2008
You never know these days. Could be real, could be fake. I'd hold off, look for a nice patch but something you're sure is real.

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Its really to tough to tell with this set anymore. On one hand absolute put out some insane patches and you would think that that some of the ones he has listed are real (which very well may be the case). On the other hand the set had been so saturated with fakes that you cannot even tell a real logo patch with fake one. Obviously most of the fakes are easier to spot than others and when the fakes were first hitting ebay they were faking the jumbo jersey pieces and not the prime pieces. As time past the people who were altering and faking these jumbo jerseys with nice patches patches figured out that people were catching on to those fakes they decided to start faking the less attractive Prime patches jumbo cards. The tags he has are legit and some of the other jumbos he has are legit but the Jumbo Logo patches are just to iffy now. The crazy thing about it is some or most of them could be 100% legit. To be on the safe side I would just pass on the logo patches and go after any that had part of a letterman or number as those have a much better chance to being legit than the logo ones. Also it doesnt help that the logo patches take up the whole window without even a little jersey showing. Atleast then you could tell if the logo patch was sewn on to the jersey as I think most patch fakers buy just the sleeve or logo patch and somehow slide it in without damaging the window. They are less incline to buy a who gamer even if its cheap as its to time consuming and can get costly even at $50 buck a jersey. Being a Juan Gone collector it might be worth buying them and then checking them out yourself and getting your own evaluation on them. You can check to see if the patch slides around or if the card was split in two. There are things you can check for on a card that do not show up on a scan. Also I think some of these were previously sold by an account that was know to sell fakes so that also does not help. Good luck on what ever you do.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Nick1190 said:
You never know these days. Could be real, could be fake. I'd hold off, look for a nice patch but something you're sure is real.
Agreed, even if real the doubt kills the value.

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Imo, you'd get a lot more educated opinions if you put "absolute" or "tools of the trade" in the title. Fyi, most of the jumbos were being sold by this guy:

http://completed.shop.ebay.com/clem2327 ... 283&_rdc=1

and it created a lot of drama. Basically, the guy's as big of a jerk as anyone, told a bunch of lies and denied that his patches are fake. While the tags do appear to be legit, one of the Manny collectors provided solid evidence that one patch was fake. What's sad is that the Juan Gonzalez patches would probably go for more if they weren't altered.

Members online