Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you buy high end slabs (not prospects) on ebay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
im talking about slabs that are a few hundred bucks.

do you guys that collect these things feel comfortable buying slabs from lower level (feedback wise) eBay sellers?

i realize that its easy to cover ones own a** via paypal/credit card.

i'd like to hear some thoughts from you guys

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Yeah, if i trust the seller. I had been talking to a seller for a while that had a few 01 Ultimate Collection Ichiro autos. I knew from his replys that he was not trying to rip people off. I ended up pulling the trigger on an Bgs 8.5 for just under 1900 after cashback. He had about 10 or so feedback at the time. Did not faze me one bit. He even sent it in a bubble mailer in a small box for protection. :)

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Krom said:
Yeah, if i trust the seller. I had been talking to a seller for a while that had a few 01 Ultimate Collection Ichiro autos. I knew from his replys that he was not trying to rip people off. I ended up pulling the trigger on an Bgs 8.5 for just under 1900 after cashback. He had about 10 or so feedback at the time. Did not faze me one bit. He even sent it in a bubble mailer in a small box for protection. :)

Very nice. Were you at all like "wtf am i doing sending $1,900 for a freaking card?" lol

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
i want to add these to my rookie card slab collection:

Aaron
Kaline
Banks
Clemente
Koufax
Drysdale
B Robinson
Gibson
Rose
Neikro
Hunter
Jenkins
Palmer
Sutton
Carew
Seaver
Reggie Jackson
Jim Rice

also looking for an 84 Fleer Update Puckett centered PSA 9, which have gone up this year for some unknown reason

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
ThoseBackPages said:

Aaron
Kaline
Banks
Clemente
Koufax
Drysdale
B Robinson
Gibson
Rose
Neikro
Hunter
Jenkins
Palmer
Sutton
Carew
Seaver
Reggie Jackson
Jim Rice

also looking for an 84 Fleer Update Puckett centered PSA 9, which have gone up this year for some unknown reason
Thats quite a list. Is there a seller with low fb that has a bunch of these?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
no, no one specific. What triggered this thread was that ive been looking at PSA 8 Jordans, and there seems to be a lot of "sellers" of that card that have less then 100 feedback

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Woah, i was searching my past buys and checked out the sellers fb now, about a year later...

The worst kind of liar,you stole my money,pay back soon.disappointed. Dec-07-10 07:00
2001 ULTIMATE COLLECTION ICHIRO T3 AUTO RC BGS 9 W/ 10 (#170565106239) US $3,150.00

stole my $2450. sent me a $5 card. it's terrible. paypal claim filed. Beware! Nov-29-10 20:16
2001 SP GAME BAT MILESTONE EDITION ICHIRO SP AUTO RC (#170565035569) US $2,450.00

I don't know what happened, he had a ton of high end stuff. I am glad that wasn't me. :?

He had 88% before he was Naru'd

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
I'm fine with it. I've purchased a card that was over $3500 (a slabbed vintage) from a seller with less than 30 feedback and multiple other cards that were over $1000 from sellers that had less than 100 feedback. With the Paypal protection measures in place, I've never had a real hesitation about it.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
ThoseBackPages said:
damn! looks like you avoided a huge headache
You are not kidding. I knew i bought atleast one high end slab from a low fb seller and saw the Ichi and posted that but then got to wondering if he was still selling. That could have been a nightmare.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Buynhisellnlow said:
I'm fine with it. I've purchased a card that was over $3500 (a slabbed vintage) from a seller with less than 30 feedback and multiple other cards that were over $1000 from sellers that had less than 100 feedback. With the Paypal protection measures in place, I've never had a real hesitation about it.
I just saw your id on his fb. (the Ichiro guy) you were the seller on 4/10/10 - small world.

bikerider60

Aug 8, 2008
Jackson, NJ
ThoseBackPages said:
Go PSA... check the Sub # you will be fine.

Aaron
Kaline
Banks
Clemente
Koufax
Drysdale
B Robinson
Gibson
Rose
Neikro
Hunter
Jenkins
Palmer
Sutton
Carew
Seaver
Reggie Jackson
Jim Rice

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
in the process for the last ten years

ThoseBackPages said:

Aaron
Kaline
Banks
Clemente
Koufax
Drysdale
B Robinson
Gibson
Rose
Neikro
Hunter
Jenkins
Palmer
Sutton
Carew
Seaver
Reggie Jackson
Jim Rice

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
ThoseBackPages said:
Krom said:

Very nice. Were you at all like "wtf am i doing sending $1,900 for a freaking card?" lol
Not at all. I would like another. I am a very big fan of his.

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
I a crook clears his paypal account and you paid with a paypal balance your not getting nada

Buynhisellnlow

Aug 7, 2008
jcmint said:
I a crook clears his paypal account and you paid with a paypal balance your not getting nada

I purchase everything through Paypal via a credit card and then pay the card off in full each month. That way, I encounter no interest charges, get the cash back from my card and have buyer's protection from my card. I've had an issue similar to what you outline above occur, once I got resistance from Paypal, I contacted my credit card company and they had it fully resolved within 48 hours.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Buynhisellnlow said:
jcmint said:

I purchase everything through Paypal via a credit card and then pay the card off in full each month. That way, I encounter no interest charges, get the cash back from my card and have buyer's protection from my card. I've had an issue similar to what you outline above occur, once I got resistance from Paypal, I contacted my credit card company and they had it fully resolved within 48 hours.

How do you do this? Every time I try, paypal balance is used first, no matter what payment I select.

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
Fandruw25 said:
Buynhisellnlow said:
jcmint said:

How do you do this? Every time I try, paypal balance is used first, no matter what payment I select.
I assume for one you could empty your paypal bal.

Members online

Latest posts