Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

......The Morning Thread......

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Good morning gals and guys. Dan asked me to step up and start this show this morning. What's up today? Or in my case what's down, and that would be lot's and lot's of snow, so I know what my day will consist of. Shoveling, resting, shoveling, resting, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure Mainemule is in pretty much the same situation since he's just a few miles down the road. Anyone else snowed in?

Art

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
yup, NH here, sick of it. had the most insane wind I have ever heard in my life last night,
was shaking my house. winter really is fun

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
Morning Dan. Believe it or not, I'm usually up early most days, but the last week or so, I've been feeling a bit sluggish. Not sure what's up with that.

The only fun I'm going to have with the snow is watching Teasha out there. When it comes to deep snow, she think's she's a seal in water. Dives in head first and pops out with a big mouthful of snow just chomping away at it. Makes me laugh my ass off every time I see her do it. Must be the Husky part in her. If I posted vids on youtube, that would be one that I'd have to post.

Art

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Morning guys. Supposed to have 40s today so all of our packed-hard-rock mixture of snow and ice should be gone by tomorrow. My boys loved being able to play in it yesterday. I'll probably get them out in it again for one last hurrah. You'll probably want to slap me for saying this Art! But I do miss the snow. I miss the puffy snow, not this crap down here.

Art, why no snow blower, man? Get yourself even oe of them small ones. Save your self a LOT of work. I had a beast up in Michigan. Gave it to my brother-in-law when we moved down here. 26" blade, heated handles, power swivel nozzle, 4-gear drive, it was awesome.

Gotta go make the coffee.

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
wideright said:
Morning guys. Supposed to have 40s today so all of our packed-hard-rock mixture of snow and ice should be gone by tomorrow. My boys loved being able to play in it yesterday. I'll probably get them out in it again for one last hurrah. You'll probably want to slap me for saying this Art! But I do miss the snow. I miss the puffy snow, not this crap down here.

Art, why no snow blower, man? Get yourself even oe of them small ones. Save your self a LOT of work. I had a beast up in Michigan. Gave it to my brother-in-law when we moved down here. 26" blade, heated handles, power swivel nozzle, 4-gear drive, it was awesome.

Gotta go make the coffee.

That's actually a work in progress. Last year I bought a Craftsmen lawnmower in which I can add all kinds of attachments. The snowblower attahment is about $1,500 alone. Hope to get one someday. This may sound odd, but when your disabled, you have to find ways to keep yourself in some kind of shape. Shoveling snow is my winter exercise, lol.

Art

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
Good morning, all.
The snow turned to rain yesterday afternoon, so there was a nice sheet of ice on everything this morning. But, at least we had school, so maybe April vacation will stay intact.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Good Morning All!

Just cold here today, they dropped the snow from the forecast.

2 nice pieces coming in as of yesterday ;)

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
morning everyone. we had a rain/freezing rain/snow mix all day yesterday but today it's just cold. our roads are still a little slick but all should be clear by this afternoon. it should be in the 40's for the weekend.

went to the Penguin's Ranger's game last night and got to see an awesome performance from Fleury and the Pen's.

Craig Smith

Aug 13, 2008
Bemus Point, NY
Good morning from the snow belt of Western NY. We are above 240 inches this winter with yesterdays blast. Judie's son was trying to open up the driveway and ended up in deep snow with his truck so we went next door and borrowed a large farm tractor to extract him.

I had a box of 08 Prime Cuts and one of 08 Draft to be deliverey by UPS on 3-day delivery that they could get here so hopefully they make it today. :)

The 24 turkeys I feed have not shown up for three weeks so I hope they found sufficient feed until they can get to my feeders in the back yard.

The deer are doing ok because with the several feet of snow on the ground they can reach higher browse than normal. The little ones are having trouble walking though.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Resident Piazza Fan said:
Good morning gals and guys. Dan asked me to step up and start this show this morning. What's up today? Or in my case what's down, and that would be lot's and lot's of snow, so I know what my day will consist of. Shoveling, resting, shoveling, resting, etc, etc. I'm pretty sure Mainemule is in pretty much the same situation since he's just a few miles down the road. Anyone else snowed in?

Art

......just a few miles.... ;) ;)

We got 10-12" of the white stuff, with storm ending late last night. Takes me about 30 minues to snowblow driveway and dig out. Not sure why my 16 year old gets to sleep in, but he does have it rough in high school :lol: :lol:

It is absolutely gorgeous here in Central Maine- bright sun and blanket of white.........

Any news on little Mojo this AM???

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Craig Smith said:
Good morning from the snow belt of Western NY. We are above 240 inches this winter with yesterdays blast. Judie's son was trying to open up the driveway and ended up in deep snow with his truck so we went next door and borrowed a large farm tractor to extract him.

I had a box of 08 Prime Cuts and one of 08 Draft to be deliverey by UPS on 3-day delivery that they could get here so hopefully they make it today. :)

The 24 turkeys I feed have not shown up for three weeks so I hope they found sufficient feed until they can get to my feeders in the back yard.

The deer are doing ok because with the several feet of snow on the ground they can reach higher browse than normal. The little ones are having trouble walking though.

Craig- I grew up in WNY, up 242 to Delevan, lived over west farther in Farmersville and Rushford. Crossed that bridge on 86 going across your lake many a time. I know what you are going through (on what you go through almost every winter!). I gotta say, that amount of snow is amazing to see, but I don't miss driving in it! 240 inches of now. Wow.

metallicalex777

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Seattle, Wa
Good Morning Guys!!!

Art - Thanks for starting the thread this morning :)

I feel bad for all you guys with the nasty ice storms...I'm glad we got rid of that quick here in Seattle. Atleast some of you are hopefully used to that kind of weather. Hats off to MojoDan as I am sure he is a very happy father by now :mrgreen:

Any new pickups for anyone? I got a 2008 Bowman Sterling Posey/Beckham dual auto for $40 delivered (includes shipping :D )...a member is helping me out with the Rios/Snider dual auto and I am bidding on the Longoria/Soto and Montero/Melancon dual autos to hopefully complete the dual set later this week/next week. I will hopefully be picking up my first 2004 Bowman Chrome Felix Hernandez RC auto if I can find a sweet deal on one ;)

Alex

Members online

Latest posts