Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

thoughts on this Topps replacement redemption

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
along the lines of the earlier thread where another member also had a redemption for a Mariano Rivera Touched by Greatness Auto.

Here's what I got instead: AL Kaline 10/10 - sticker auto - why did they just have this laying around?

10.jpg

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
1/1 'cause Kaline choose to sign really really small making the white sticker area look like it is missing 3 other signatures.

If this was on card, I would say you did well, but you took a hit here. Could of been worse, it could of been Ozzie Smith.

Kevin

alabamalongsnake

Feb 12, 2011
Alabammer
the nice lady at topps said that they would send me some more cards as well.

I really wanted the Rivera. I had pulled another one and sold that when i got this redemption. that's why I was aggravated more than usual. I really wanted this one for my PC

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
alabamalongsnake said:
the nice lady at topps said that they would send me some more cards as well.

I really wanted the Rivera. I had pulled another one and sold that when i got this redemption. that's why I was aggravated more than usual. I really wanted this one for my PC

more cards=game used cards

Kevin

Jastermereel

Dec 20, 2008
I spoke to Amanda, who was very nice. I told her I only collect Rivera, and she said she would do what she could to send me a Rivera replacement. I then apologized for being dorky, but that the "Touched By Greatness" cards carry a premium over a sticker auto card, because they were hand-signed opposed to the stickers. She told me they'd send me something "Way Better" and to just keep the Ozzie Smith.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
Jastermereel said:
I spoke to Amanda, who was very nice. I told her I only collect Rivera, and she said she would do what she could to send me a Rivera replacement. I then apologized for being dorky, but that the "Touched By Greatness" cards carry a premium over a sticker auto card, because they were hand-signed opposed to the stickers. She told me they'd send me something "Way Better" and to just keep the Ozzie Smith.

way better=Buatista gypsy queen auto

Kevin

Krom

Jun 13, 2010
Long Island
schmidtfan20 said:
Jastermereel said:

Kevin
ass=above

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
Hmmm, I guess it depends on if you were planning to list it or keep it. Personally I'd rather have a Mariono Rivera auto.

Allen

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
Krom said:
schmidtfan20 said:
Jastermereel said:

Kevin
ass=above

It comes easily for him. I'm sure we'll only see him comment if the replacement is bad.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
No, I will SH#@_ my pants if the replacement is good. For every one person who (rightfully) complains about getting
screwed on a redemption replacment, there are 20 who say nothing. Topps knows this and I'm amazed STILL by the
number of "collectors" who think it is ok.

It is not

Kevin

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
schmidtfan20 said:
No, I will SH#@_ my pants if the replacement is good. For every one person who (rightfully) complains about getting
screwed on a redemption replacment, there are 20 who say nothing. Topps knows this and I'm amazed STILL by the
number of "collectors" who think it is ok.

It is not

Kevin

The solution is VERY easy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts