Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Futures Game Rosters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
Just had a question for the guys who always follow the futures game and the players. Historically when do the rosters form for the Futures game on All Star Sunday? any ideas at all? I'm wondering wanting to get some players cards ready for the event but dont really know usually is picked to go. Thoughts & comments are welcome, I did do a search last night and couldnt find anything on google

Mark

jwc9p

Aug 25, 2010
Columbia, sC
bighurtcollector said:
Just had a question for the guys who always follow the futures game and the players. Historically when do the rosters form for the Futures game on All Star Sunday? any ideas at all? I'm wondering wanting to get some players cards ready for the event but dont really know usually is picked to go. Thoughts & comments are welcome, I did do a search last night and couldnt find anything on google

Mark
I think its a week or two before the All-Star game. Usually announced by Baseball America if I am not mistaken. I am pumped for them to announce it also so I can prepare.

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
jwc9p said:
bighurtcollector said:

Mark
I think its a week or two before the All-Star game. Usually announced by Baseball America if I am not mistaken. I am pumped for them to announce it also so I can prepare.

You comin' to Phoenix for the game?

glewis22

Jan 8, 2010
Id say around June 20-25th the rosters will be announced. Based on previous years timeframes.

I just was wondering this very same thing 15 minutes ago.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
bighurtcollector said:
jwc9p said:
bighurtcollector said:

Mark

You comin' to Phoenix for the game?

I am =)

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
i dont know if anyone has gotten their tix yet but i'd check stubhub....they're like $3 for section 300 but it gets you in atleast

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
bighurtcollector said:
i dont know if anyone has gotten their tix yet but i'd check stubhub....they're like $3 for section 300 but it gets you in atleast

I got tickets in the infield box (near behind of home plate) but a friend is trying to get me in the 1st/3rd base box as I want to be closer to the field and the dugouts.

Where are you?

Harper
Machado
Taiylon (Need Spell Check)
Bryce Brentz

Those would be some off the top of my head as all are having nasty seasons so far. Granted it's low A but Usually 1st Rounders and Top Prospects are present . I'm sure it will be a nice selection. i mostly follow the South Atlantic League because the blueclaws are 10 mins from my house so im more up to date with guys in that league.

Good Luck if you go!

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
r2d2 said:
bighurtcollector said:

I got tickets in the infield box (near behind of home plate) but a friend is trying to get me in the 1st/3rd base box as I want to be closer to the field and the dugouts.

Where are you?

For the derby/futures game/all star game we're outfield dead center in left field. They'll open up the infield though for signing, a buddy of mine went 2 years go in St. Louis and they have a guaranteed signing time for like 45 minutes where all the guys line up on their sides so i'm not too worried about getting infield tix. I was wondering if Harper would be there but that would be a huge signing, on the other hand....I hope he is there so I could get everyone besides him, i'll just get him again in the fall league this year. I love gettin' autos at chase field at all the 'graph spots!!!

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
bighurtcollector said:
r2d2 said:
bighurtcollector said:

Where are you?

For the derby/futures game/all star game we're outfield dead center in left field. They'll open up the infield though for signing, a buddy of mine went 2 years go in St. Louis and they have a guaranteed signing time for like 45 minutes where all the guys line up on their sides so i'm not too worried about getting infield tix. I was wondering if Harper would be there but that would be a huge signing, on the other hand....I hope he is there so I could get everyone besides him, i'll just get him again in the fall league this year. I love gettin' autos at chase field at all the 'graph spots!!!

Excuse my dumb question: By opening the infield you mean that part of the seats right? Not the actual field for autographs?

Where do you recommend me in Chase Field?

I'll be in left field also for the Home Run Derby =)

bighurtcollector

Jan 1, 2009
r2d2 said:
bighurtcollector said:
r2d2 said:
bighurtcollector said:

Where are you?

Excuse my dumb question: By opening the infield you mean that part of the seats right? Not the actual field for autographs?

No worries on the question :) they'll open up the infield seating for signing, the security guards at chase let people down there until like 45 minutes before the game. I have a couple spots are fail proof for getting stuff signed. We can meet up actually for the futures game. I know the HR derby and the game itself are going to be crazy for graphs so i'm not planning on anything except for balls for those events

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
bighurtcollector said:
r2d2 said:
bighurtcollector said:
r2d2 said:
bighurtcollector said:

Where are you?

No worries on the question :) they'll open up the infield seating for signing, the security guards at chase let people down there until like 45 minutes before the game. I have a couple spots are fail proof for getting stuff signed. We can meet up actually for the futures game. I know the HR derby and the game itself are going to be crazy for graphs so i'm not planning on anything except for balls for those events

Thanks, I'll stay in touch. I made a post about who is going to the events and no one replied, if you know of more members we should meet over there.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
So a quick question to others who have gone before?

I was looking on the offical AS game tix site and for $80 a seat I could sit 1st row on the 3b side 1 section from the duggout. Is it worth it to spend that much to have a guaranteed seat to get autos from or just buy a cheap seat somewhere and go down early for the signing like you guys were talking about?

Thanks, Ken

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
:eek: I forgot all about the futures game and Bryce Harper is gonna be there...Luckily I have a few unsigned OMLB but I'm not sure where the prospects will be staying. I know a lot of players stay at the Ritz Carlton Biltmore. :ugeek:

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
Pastretta said:
:eek: I forgot all about the futures game and Bryce Harper is gonna be there...Luckily I have a few unsigned OMLB but I'm not sure where the prospects will be staying. I know a lot of players stay at the Ritz Carlton Biltmore. :ugeek:

I hope they sign a lot at the stadium. Don't want to be deported by trespassing charges. I've heard hotel security is really though.

Pastretta

Aug 27, 2008
Arizona
r2d2 said:
Pastretta said:

I hope they sign a lot at the stadium. Don't want to be deported by trespassing charges. I've heard hotel security is really though.

Yeah there is a old man that works security there and its his life to bust people. Good luck inside the stadium!

Members online

Latest posts