Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Current ASG Voting TOTAL for the AL Infield is ALL YANKEES?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Just saw on MLB Network that right now, I know we are still a month and 2 weeks away ,

the current Leaders for the AL Infield is ALL YANKEES

C- Russ Martin
1B- Tex
2B- Cano
SS- Derek
3B- Alex Rodriguez

The out field leaders are Hamilton, Bautista, and GRANDERSON

Can we please get some nominees OTHER then Yankees for the infield???

Bautista is Correct, Hamilton has missed basically the whole season thus far, granted he came back this past week.

Who is voting? Are all the ballots being handed out in NYC???

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Its the same every year guys who are popular get the vote.
Guys who bust ass and play hard stay home.
Only the true high class players excuse themselves for a more
deserving player. With that said I say Albert at this point is NOT an AS game starter

craiger122003 said:
deserving player. With that said I say Albert at this point is NOT an AS game starter

I can not agree more.

I don't know what is going on with pujols

Undisclosed injury?
Contract weighing heavy?
Possible start of the decline?

Have we seen the best already?

Very strange. From some of the games I watched so far you think you are watching
Someone else wearing his jersey.

Wes

OG
Administrator
Big Mac McGwire said:
Just saw on MLB Network that right now, I know we are still a month and 2 weeks away ,

the current Leaders for the AL Infield is ALL YANKEES

C- Russ Martin
1B- Tex
2B- Cano
SS- Derek
3B- Alex Rodriguez

The out field leaders are Hamilton, Bautista, and GRANDERSON

Can we please get some nominees OTHER then Yankees for the infield???

Bautista is Correct, Hamilton has missed basically the whole season thus far, granted he came back this past week.

Who is voting? Are all the ballots being handed out in NYC???

Even as a Red Sox fan I have no problem with Granderson, the guy is on pace for 52 HR's.

If we're going by performance, Martin is right there with Avila as the most productive C in the AL.

1B has to be Adrian, followed by Cabrera and Konerko.

Cano I'm fine with at 2B.

Youkilis has performed well but Arod has been just as good.

Shortstop is the biggest joke, Asdrubal Cabrera should be the starter and they shouldn't even take a backup.

In the outfield Bautista and Granderson are fine and the third guy should really be Matt Joyce (.370, 9 HR) or Jacoby Ellsbury. Hamilton has missed quite a bit of time.

craiger122003

Aug 7, 2008
vegas
Honestly he is probably stressed out.
He in his heart wants wants to stay agents say go for the jugular.
He probably just wants to play and leave the others to do the contract.
But everyone has a conscience no matter how small or large.
Just sayin and hes my fav guy

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Like im sure others have mentioned (I haven't read the thread yet), its basically a popularity contest. Its for the FANS and its for who the FANS want to see play the most, not necessarily who is doing the best. The Yankees probably have the most fans around the world, from any North American sport (Can't speak for Soccer teams popularity in Europe), so its just obvious they will always get the most players voted in.

Im really glad Bautista is in there though, i think he should be leading all vote geters personally. :D

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
The only ones I see holding up are Granderson, Cano, and possibly Jeter.

Teixeira won't last with A Gone on a tear.

ARod might hold up but there are other options.

This happens every year with some team in the beginning stages of the AS voting. Fans of one team flood the vote boxes. I remember one year, I think it was the Brew Crew, had almost every position in the lead after the first results. Jason Kendall was leading at catcher, Weeks @ 2nd, Hardy @ SS, etc. Only person to make it then was Braun.

SamHell

Jun 12, 2010
Texas
C- Russ Martin -Don't really have a problem with him starting. Pretty weak year for catchers. Maybe Wieters or Napoli as backup.
1B- Tex - No thanks. Cabrera and Gonzalez flip for who starts. If they need a third, I go with Mitch Moreland.
2B- Cano - Cano is ok with Hendrick backing him up.
SS- Derek - Hell No. Take two of these three; Alexi Ramirez, Johnny Peralta or Asbrudal Cabrera
3B- Alex Rodriguez -No problem with him. Take Adrian Beltre as the backup.

OF Bautista -Fine choice
OF Granderson - eh but it will work.
OF Hamilton - nice story but he hasn't deserved it this year.

Others that should receive consideration; Alex Gordon, Carlos Quentin, Adam Jones and Jacoby Ellsbury.

colts1888

Aug 28, 2008
NY
granderson is putting up awesome numbers this year as does he not deserve to be there
Arod-beltre or longoria could get it but arod has been playin gsolid baseball
tex-no question hes an all star
Cano-best 2b in the game
jeter and martin-SS and catcher are pretty weak this year aside from avila and cabrera i dont know who else theyd vote for

braden

Aug 7, 2008
The only thing more pointless than the All-Star Game is complaining about voting for the All-Star Game.

The sad thing about the SS situation is that there are some AL SS having truly AS calibre seasons. Cabrera, Ramirez, and Y. Escobar have all been excellent and one or more will likely miss it due to Jeter.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Everyone knows even as crappy as Jeter has played he is the biggest lock to start. It doesn't matter anyway because Cabrera and Peralta will probably get in at SS on the bench.

In the end I'd guess Jeter, Cano, Arod, and Granderson all start.

I'm just excited to see that a few Tigers actually have legit shots at making the AS team in some way this season. Cabrera, Peralta, Avila, Verlander, and maybe Vmart all have good shots.

Something else to remember is that certain teams haven't had long homestands yet to boost voting.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
craiger122003 said:
Are you implying that none of those guys bust their asses or play hard? A Rod, Jeter, Cano, Tex and Martin, none of those guys bust their asses or work hard? Really?

bigpapiMA32

Aug 7, 2008
Monterey, CA
Shocked there hasn't been any AL DH talk in this thread.

Michael Young has a slim 28k lead over David Ortiz.

Young .335/3/36 with a .864 OPS
Ortiz .313/13/28 with a .964 OPS

I think they'll both undoubtedly be on the team, but it will be interesting to see who starts. Go Papi!

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I'll be posting my annual AS predictions thread here is the next day or two now that the first round of voting results are out...

You guys can bash me then.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
colts1888 said:
jeter and martin-SS and catcher are pretty weak this year aside from avila and cabrera i dont know who else theyd vote for

Really? No one else to vote for aside from Jeter at SS?

Derek Jeter
.264 2 HR, 34 R, 16 RBI

Asdrubal Cabrera
.306 10 HR, 37 R, 39 RBI

Jhonny Peralta
.314, 8 HR, 23 R, 31 RBI

Erick Aybar
.315 3 HR, 22 R, 20 RBI

Alexei Ramirez
.297, 6 HR, 36 R, 31 RBI

Yunel Escobar
.296 6 HR, 33 R, 20 RBI

Who doesn't fit in this category? JETER. Statistically, hes lucky to be considered a top 10 SS in the AL right now.

Members online

Latest posts