Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Colby Rasmus or Mike Stanton...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
Who is the safer bet? I know their prices are different now, but what about in the next few years? Who do you think would be the overall better player and a better risk to take?

~AJ

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
cgilmo said:
Rasmus is a better ball player

Stanton is a better power hitter with more hobby ceiling. Much better chance at stardom.

I think he's only a "better ball player" because he has more experience. When Stanton is Rasmus' age, I think he will be much better.

Codasco07

Aug 7, 2008
DC/StL
Rasmus is a great player, but there's really no aspect of his game that is better than Stanton's. The only place it's close is speed/defense. Stanton could be a top tier RF but Rasmus plays the more difficult CF but doesn't have the same defensive ceiling. Rasmus is faster and would steal more bases if he wasn't in St. Louis. Power is obviously a big win for Stanton and hitting for contact is close enough for a push. The kicker for me is makeup. Watching Rasmus play everyday, I've seen how prone he is to mental errors and everyone knows about the situation with his dad and TLR. Stanton is a great ballplayer.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
sportscardtheory said:
cgilmo said:
Rasmus is a better ball player

Stanton is a better power hitter with more hobby ceiling. Much better chance at stardom.

I think he's only a "better ball player" because he has more experience. When Stanton is Rasmus' age, I think he will be much better.

Agree. I'll take Stanton any day of the week.

jagsfan92

Jul 14, 2010
I may come off as biased since I have seen a lot more of Stanton, but he is the pick for me. He already has the power and is developing into a more complete hitter. Plus, if you are looking as a long term investment next year the Marlins are in their new stadium and it won't have the huge wall in left field so his home numbers will improve.

Rasmus could very well be a 20/20 player but like others have mentioned, power is a huge factor for hobby stardom.

Members online

Latest posts