Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Brian Sabean is a POS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gonzagacubs

Aug 7, 2008
Glenpool, OK
I can't help but think if this happened to the backup catcher, this would be a non-issue. Ok, maybe not a non-issue perhaps, but not near the story that it has become.

jeff550

May 5, 2009
burke
IF this happened to Wil Nieves, Eli Whiteside, or any other backup catcher in the league, it would have been, sucks for him, but thats part of baseball

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Something tells me if Tim Lincecum ends up needing Tommy John surgery one day.... Sabean will blame Tommy John for it.

mark3313

Nov 24, 2008
I actually agree with Sabean; not that I wish Cousins anything terrible. It was a dirty play, not illegal, and totally unnecessary. The rules need to be changed/enforced so a) you can't block the plate and b) base runners must attempt to touch the plate (not just dislodge the ball from the catcher). Imagine if runners could hurl themselves at infielders covering 2b w/o attempting to touch the bag.

Anyway, I'm glad to see a team's GM show some emotion.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
Clearly the guy is a jerk. Sabean is ticked because he's built a horrendous offensive team in San Francisco and Buster is the only scary hitter in that lineup. Now that he's gone, they've got no chance to repeat. The Giants are becoming more insufferable than the Yankees or Red Sox, and that's saying something.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
Where was the uproar for Carlos Santana? Injuries are a part of every sport, he's an idiot for thinking the world revolves around the Giants and everyone should feel bad for him because his one offensive player got hurt. You can either prepare for these things and try your best to be successful in spite of them, or you can cry and blame others.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Sabean is a fracking idiot!! The play was not malicious!! Get the hell over it already!! Like someone said earlier about Tommy John surgery, do you see the Nationals blaming Tommy John for Strasburgs injury? LOL...Too funny!!!

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
stevezimmer22 said:
Where was the uproar for Carlos Santana? Injuries are a part of every sport, he's an idiot for thinking the world revolves around the Giants and everyone should feel bad for him because his one offensive player got hurt. You can either prepare for these things and try your best to be successful in spite of them, or you can cry and blame others.

Carlos Santana put himself in a bad position for his injury. He had his entire leg blocking home plate, and Reddick slid into it. I felt incredibly bad for Santana when he got injured, but the runner didn't lower his shoulder and barrel into him.

I don't agree with Sabean, but I do agree with what Bochy said yesterday.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
alexs64 said:
Sabean is a fracking idiot!! The play was not malicious!! Get the hell over it already!! Like someone said earlier about Tommy John surgery, do you see the Nationals blaming Tommy John for Strasburgs injury? LOL...Too funny!!!
No, bc that is a ludicris comparison.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
The play itself wasnt illegal. However, the way he did it was dirty. HHe didnt just lower his shoulder and run him over. He launched himself at him. If he had made that same hit in the NFL he would have gotten a penalty and been fined.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
:lol: Then alot of people are POS...... that barrel roll was unnecessary and completely avoidable on that play, but not illegal....... yet!

Good for him to speak his mind, I like Sabian more now :), many of these overpaid puppets dont speak up, at least we know what side of this fence Sabian, Matheny, and all these others who have come out in last week... not afraid to say what they think on this subject.

Maybe the Cleveland uppers should have been POed too ... but they missed the boat on this subject.

WJCIII

Dec 30, 2008
If people want to talk about Sabean being jerk that's fine but I find it laughable that people are saying what a terrible GM he is and they are the defending World Series champs. As average as their offense is their pitching is that much better.

And for the record, the more I see the hit the more I think it could have easily been avoided.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
elmalo said:
The play itself wasnt illegal. However, the way he did it was dirty. HHe didnt just lower his shoulder and run him over. He launched himself at him. If he had made that same hit in the NFL he would have gotten a penalty and been fined.

If it was illegal in any way Major League Baseball would have addressed it.

elmalo

Feb 19, 2010
jrinne said:
elmalo said:

Hence the first sentence that I wrote and that you quoted.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Cousins catapulted his body through the air and over the plate (before the ball was there). The plate was the last thing he was looking for until after he heard Posey's screams of pain and he though, oh I better reach back and touch home.

He won the game, now live with it and quit your crying Scott, your college home town has every right to be pissed!

Judgment Call type Rules go out the door on this, the play was seen as dirty to some, and those some will show him dirty too, I am sure.

The Rose/Fosse play was worse, but that pansy Rose was know for being over the top on everything he did. Roses hit should have changed the rule, but back in 1970 these players werent so valuable.

braden

Aug 7, 2008
elmalo said:

And if he did it in the NHL, he'd have been penalized for not wearing skates!

Jan 15, 2009
braden said:
elmalo said:

And if he did it in the NHL, he'd have been penalized for not wearing skates!
As well as charging.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
elmalo said:
jrinne said:
elmalo said:

Hence the first sentence that I wrote and that you quoted.

So don't you think that launching himself would have been considered "illegal"

Members online

Latest posts