Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Stratford Ct. show this Sunday

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jul 30, 2009
from 9-2 off exit 30 on I95 at the Ramada

Always nice pick ups to be had, especially from that dealer who sets up with a THOUSAND $1 cards ranging from 90's inserts to autos to Refractors to Heritage SP's and rcs.

Anyone here going?

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I always forget about this show, I think I'll go this weekend... do you know who the promoter is? I'd be curious to know how much it costs to set up.

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
I went to a show last month and I saw nothing but disappointment. I really could believe how small the room was and how many people set up crappy displays. And where is the wax? I think I saw one table that had wax products and even that was weak.

I mean its all we got around here, but they could do a little better than that place. At least get some more lighting so I wont need a flashlight to look at the stuff being sold.

The best part was that I accidentally left my Matt Harvey Red Refractor auto in one of my boxes and one of the really fat dealers told me he would give me $125 for it, "Its not like its worth much. I could maybe sell this one EBay for $150-175."

Yeah...no thanks. But when I saw he had a Stanton Chrome RC priced at $185, I asked him to sell if to me for $100 because that is the going rates on EBay...He asked me to leave his table.

jpup33

Mar 18, 2011
I was gona go last month but something came up.... Are you guys saying: Dont waste your time??

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
jpup33 said:
I was gona go last month but something came up.... Are you guys saying: Dont waste your time??

This will be my nice things to say about my trip there -- If you want some vintage, there are two or three guys that have a bunch of it. (do not expect to get friendly prices on it though). If you want some cheap GU there is one guy that sells it dirt cheap. If you want prospects or wax, the choices are limited and prices are either book or EBay x2.

With that said, its maybe worth checking out simply to obtain your own opinion and experience. I personally will not go back unless it was held in a better location or better rooms than where it is currently.

Where are you located? CT or NY area?

jpup33

Mar 18, 2011
jumbojohnny said:
jpup33 said:

This will be my nice things to say about my trip there -- If you want some vintage, there are two or three guys that have a bunch of it. (do not expect to get friendly prices on it though). If you want some cheap GU there is one guy that sells it dirt cheap. If you want prospects or wax, the choices are limited and prices are either book or EBay x2.

With that said, its maybe worth checking out simply to obtain your own opinion and experience. I personally will not go back unless it was held in a better location or better rooms than where it is currently.

Thanks for the reply... Anyone sell boxes/cases there??

Im in CT... Near New Haven... Supposedly a new card shop has opened on the Post Rd in Orange...? I have not been able to confirm this yet tho....

jumbojohnny

Aug 7, 2008
jpup33 said:
jumbojohnny said:
jpup33 said:

Thanks for the reply... Anyone sell boxes/cases there??

Im in CT... Near New Haven... Supposedly a new card shop has opened on the Post Rd in Orange...? I have not been able to confirm this yet tho....

There was one table that had some boxes...I didnt see anybody that looked capable or willing to sell cases.

I work in New Haven so I will need to check on the new store on the Post. I occassionally stop by Card Smith in East Haven, but the prices are the same as First Base in Wallingford (I live three blocks away), so there is little reason to shop far from home. Granted - Jack (the owner) isnt the most customer friendly guy, but he has always been good to me...From what I understand I am part of a very short list.

jpup33

Mar 18, 2011
Cool Ill have to look them both up.... I havent been to a LCS in years... ::facepalm::