Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2011 Topps Debut: It's not bad enough...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
...that they chopped up Aflacs of minor leaguers in 2010 and framed them to the ::facepalm:: of collectors everywhere.....

Scan10186.jpg
(yes these are mine. No, I don't want them. I hate these cards....)

Then they used at least one subject from the 2010 set and recycled the same stupid AFLAC cuts in 2011.

$(KGrHqUOKjEE3Juq!5IdBN6ElZnfog~~0_12.jpg

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I really don't understand what they are trying to achieve with those cards. I mean, ugly doesn't come close to describing how bad they look. Who the hell collects those?

ch2423

Jan 3, 2011
NE Ohio
It's cards like those that explain why the 90's inserts thread is on version 3. My only question is if Topps actually thought these were a good idea or if they knew they were crap and didn't care. Either way, ::facepalm::

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
Destinhood is one of the coolest words that's not in the English language. It should be though. It is the state of fulfilling ones intended purpose. Pretty awesome.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
RL24 said:
Destinhood is one of the coolest words that's not in the English language. It should be though. It is the state of fulfilling ones intended purpose. Pretty awesome.

Witty, I like it :)

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
They are "extra" hits, not one of the two autos you are guaranteed per box... So, why are these such a bad thing?

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
MGiuseffi said:
They are "extra" hits, not one of the two autos you are guaranteed per box... So, why are these such a bad thing?

Would you rather have an autograph on an AFLAC card

or

a sliver of the aflac card, with the autograph, framed into another card? Cardabalism.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Jeff N. said:
MGiuseffi said:

or

a sliver of the aflac card, with the autograph, framed into another card? Cardabalism.

So, which year would you say those cards are from?

I don't think these look bad at all:Scan10186.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
uniquebaseballcards said:
Jeff N. said:
MGiuseffi said:

or

So, which year would you say those cards are from?

I don't think these look bad at all:Scan10186.jpg

THe majority of the collecting world disagrees, but to each his own.

THey're 2010 Pro Debut cards with 2007 AFLAC slivers inserted.

MGiuseffi

Aug 22, 2008
Jeff N. said:
MGiuseffi said:

or

I'd prefer the AFLAC for sure, but in a topps product they cannot be inserted and this is a minor league release... Those are the reasons they are used this way. They perhaps could have inserted them, as is, in a Bowman release....

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
This is just as bad as UD chopping up a 10 dollar autograph card, putting it into a cut card, numberding it low, calling
it a case hit and turning it into an 80 dollar card.

Kevin

aaron41984

Jun 22, 2009
schmidtfan20 said:
This is just as bad as UD chopping up a 10 dollar autograph card, putting it into a cut card, numberding it low, calling
it a case hit and turning it into an 80 dollar card.

Kevin

What? Topps is turning an $80 card into a $10 card. It's the complete opposite.

JzWand

Jun 8, 2009
Burlington Ontario Canada
The funny thing is I don't even think you can chalk it up to being lazy since IMO it actually takes up more resources to cut up an already existing card and frame it nicely onto another card.

Its more of a stupid idea IMO and a waste of topps resources!

Better off keeping the aflac auto, stamping something like debut graphs on the front and your done.

Latest posts