Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Is this card a legit patch? Josh Hamilton Gypsy Queen Relic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbmm161

Dec 19, 2010
Ft Worth
9d1eeb93.jpg

I got this card on eBay for $75 a few weeks ago.
I have looked the card over and the plastic overlay
on the card looks to he untouched and the patch looks
And feels like my game used cool base jersey's of Feliz and
Hunter(got them at Ranger Stadium).

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Erich said:
In a word "No"

What makes you say that? Just curious as im not familiar with this set.

Also to the original Poster, do you have a link to the auction? Sometimes knowing who the seller is can help determine authenticity.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
G $MONEY$ said:
Erich said:
In a word "No"

What makes you say that? Just curious as im not familiar with this set.

Also to the original Poster, do you have a link to the auction? Sometimes knowing who the seller is can help determine authenticity.
I have watched many GUs from Gypsy and this is the first I have seen of one like it. Could it be real? Sure. show a couple more and I would be more inclined to say yes it is real.

bigredmachine

Dec 16, 2009
You could post any random patch, tag or jersey card on here and 99% would say its fake without having any info about the card.

bballjunky24

Dec 8, 2008
When I bought this years ago I remember everyone screaming and yelling about how fake it was. Then about 2 weeks later a video on youtube showed someone actually pulling the sister/brother card to it with the continuation of the all star tag. It was not the same seller that I bought this from and people still told me it was fake and that it had to be the same guy who sold me my first one faking a box break to make it look like it was real.

I would say that there is no way that we will ever know if some of the pieces we have are 100% real. It is a unfortunate part of the hobby these days.

Either way SICK card and if it is for the PC, only your opinion really matters...
Scan10635.jpg

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Unfortunately if you do not pull the card yourself, trust the seller, have a video of the break or pictures from the company there will be plenty of doubts and/or speculation hurled your way.

I grabbed the following a year or so ago:

manningexquisite.jpg

Most would dismiss the card as a fake, especially since it is a run of 10. Fortunately I remembered seeing the card on the UD Facebook page from their pack out and have the screenshot:

manningexquisite-1.jpg

bowmanchromeandorr

May 23, 2010
Race City USA
a lot of people will scream Fake because it is a nice patch and they didnt pull it so it must be fake. like one person said about the person selling it. that info can go a long way

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
That card was sold by watchmanfan, and if you think that's real I'm sure he'll have some more logos up soon to buy. HERE are some scans that I've saved of his past auctions.

tikitomoka

Jul 27, 2009
RITM said:
Unfortunately if you do not pull the card yourself, trust the seller, have a video of the break or pictures from the company there will be plenty of doubts and/or speculation hurled your way.

manningexquisite.jpg

Most would dismiss the card as a fake, especially since it is a run of 10. Fortunately I remembered seeing the card on the UD Facebook page from their pack out and have the screenshot:

manningexquisite-1.jpg
Those almost all have laundry tags, obviously not uncommon nor assumed fake by anyone who is remotely familiar with that product.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
RITM said:

manningexquisite.jpg

manningexquisite-1.jpg

that is so awesome that you still have the screeen shot saved to verify the authenticity of the card.

I own this Carmelo Anthony Ultimate Collection patch (on the left) with a part of Carmelo's autograph on the jersey/patch from 04/05, which was Carmelo's 2nd season. Back on the old BMB another member owned another part of the autograph which matched up perfectly to mine.

After we both posted our cards in a thread another BMB member posted the actual auction (from a major auction house) that Upper Deck purchased the game used Carmelo jersey from. The auction stated the jersey was worn in Carmelos rookie season and the enclosed pictures of the jersey intact was a perfect photo-match to the partial autographs on our cards. I printed out the auction and picture of the jersey intact but have since lost or thrown the papers of that auction. It is something i am still kicking myself about to this day (its been many years ago now), by misplacing those auction papers.

Anyways, heres the card im talking about....

2u8crkg.jpg

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
mrwhitesox30 said:
That card was sold by watchmanfan, and if you think that's real I'm sure he'll have some more logos up soon to buy. HERE are some scans that I've saved of his past auctions.

:shock:

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
Y4NK335 said:
mrwhitesox30 said:

:shock:

G $MONEY$ said:
Sometimes knowing who the seller is can help determine authenticity.

Like i stated earlier, sometimes knowing who sold the card will tell you all you need to know about its authenticity, lol.

Members online