Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Found some 1956 Topps that would be perfect....except....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
for that fact that the original owner let something chew them or taped them down. Edges are kinda decent on some,but colors are vibrant on all. The Lemon, Newcombe, and Kell are in the best shape with a bit of paper loss on front, backs are clean. Neat find while going though my few boxes of stuff.
What do you do with these sort of things? Obviously they aren't worth a much, if anything, but are damaged cards like this still considered "collected"?

2011-06-04_17-06-26_296.png
2011-06-04_17-07-43_172.png
2011-06-04_17-07-06_88.png
060411173742.png

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
GarkoCollector said:
sneekc said:
GarkoCollector said:
I'd love to have the Newcombe and Campanella for my PC.
got any of that PC scanned?

None of the base cards/rc's. I think I might have my Gibson WS HR Auto, Duke Auto and Jackie Robinson 5pc GU in my bucket.
PM me your addy and I'll drop em in the mail to ya.

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
sneekc said:
Obviously they aren't worth a much, if anything, but are damaged cards like this still considered "collected"?

Oh heck yeah these are collectable! I buy bulk poor condition vintage at shows whenever I can, I find the old raggedy cards very appealing. It's fun to own cards that you know some kid in the 50's put in the spokes of his bike, or glued to a scrapbook or wall, that sort of things. I know I'm not going own great condition vintage anytime soon, so I'm happy with the ratty old playthings. A few months back I picked up a bunch of 56's that had the player's name/head shot cut right out of the card (including a Hoyt Wilhelm). Neat thing to have, especially for the pennies I paid for them.

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
LOL I've also got most of a Robin Roberts (over 3/4 of it)
Bob Hale,
Johhny Antonelli
Chicago White Sox team card
Del Crandall
Joe Astroth
Bobby Avila
& George Crowe

DeliciousBacon

Apr 23, 2011
Warwick, RI
Yours are in way better shape than mine!

img341.jpg

sneekc

Feb 1, 2009
The white six card and brooklyn cards are gone. The rest are available.

Members online

Latest posts