Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The thruth about Topps Mayo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Got this from a different site. Looks like Topps pulled a bait-and-switch bigtime

It seems that Topps apparently went and changed the auto /box ratio from 1-2 per box to 1 per 6 boxes, along with a dramatic change in the autos list, just prior to distributing. Saw this elsewhere and thought it was worth sharing.... Avoid like the plague until prices drop (unless you like collecting base sets)

Here are all the ones not now included despite being advertised as being possible pulls!

Mayo Autos
Cris Carter
Steve Young
Joe Montana
Dan Marino
Deion Sanders
Ronnie Lott
Lawrence Taylor
Tim Brown
Derek Anderson
Tom Brady
Dwayne Bowe
Braylon Edwards
Marshawn Lynch
Adrian Peterson
Lee Evans
Brandon Marshall
Joseph Addai
Chad Henne
Brian Brohm
Joe Flacco
Erik Ainge
Kevin O'Connell
Felix Jones
Rashard Mendenhall
Ray Rice
Malcolm Kelly
Limas Sweed
Andre Caldwell
James Hardy
Allen Patrick
Anthony Aldridge
Lance Leggett
Marcus Henry
Marcus Smith
Ryan Torain
Earl Bennett

ONES THEY ADDED IN REPLACEMENT
Will Franklin
Ali Highsmith
Andre Woodson
Archie Manning
Bob Sanders
Colt Brennan
Desean Jackson
Donnie Avery
Eddie Royal
Fred Davis
John Carlson
Sonny Jurgesen
Tony Dorsett
Wes Welker

CUT SIGS no longer in
knute rockne
Karl Benz
E.E. Cummings
Robert Louis Stevenson
Milton Hershey
Paul Gauguin
Monet
Edward Munch

ONES THEY ADDED
Mark Twain
William F. Cody
William Rockefeller
Orville Wright

AMERICANA AUTOGRAPHS removed from llist
Joe Paterno
David Hasselhoff
Jim Tressel
Urban Meyer
Mack Brown
Bob Stoops
William Shatner
Jack Lengyel
Jerry Moore
Tommy Tubberville
Sig Hansen
Jonathan Hillstrand
Phil Harris
Mike Rowe

ONES THEY ADDED
Funkmaster Flex
Warren Hayes

Dreadful way to treat customers

goldenegg1

Aug 7, 2008
How can they do this? The Paterno was on all the advertisement! Topps is going downhill fast. With all the delays in the Red Hot Rookies Baseball and now this? This is crap!

JustinG08

Aug 9, 2008
Clearwater, FL
flightposite said:
Wow. That was looking to be an impressive auto set and I planned to put it together... Not anymore!

Same here, I really can't fathom how Topps would see this as being ok to make such drastic changes to the checklist and make no note of it before release.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
I feel sorry for anybody who pre-ordered these. I hope every one of them calls Topps copmlaining, and fighting for a refund. I understand that card lists are subject to change, but there has to be a point. If they weren't able to include all of these, they shouldn't have promised them.

Funkmaster Flex and Warren Hayes? Come on now... How do you go from Shatner, Hasselhoff, PATERNO, and others to a DJ/Radio Host most people haven't heard of and a band member I had to Google to figure out who he was. Not to meniton some of the cards will really have little value, like "The Pinta". It reminds me of my Allen and Ginter "Grand Canyon" card, lol.

I will admit though, I do like the design of the cards, and thought the jerseys were very nice after seeing some scans. I haven't seen a pulled auto yet, but saw some (including the Paterno that now doesn't exist) on a "first look" page.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I've seen a couple Elways on ebay, which wasn't on the list, but yeah, other than that the auto list seems to have been downgraded severely.

Still, Warren Haynes is a cool if odd addition if you are of a certain demographic. A guitarist set would be great. Leslie West, Carlos Santana, and...ooh...Jimmy Page.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I got a few blasters at wally world and I have to say I love the product.I didn't buy it for the autos though.Mostly for the set completion.

I did however pull a Ray Rice Gu jersey card.They are cool because its like football allen and ginter.

I also pulled this beauty as well:

02-05-2009104740pm2.jpg

02-05-2009105026pm2.jpg

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
Guess I lucked out on my box. Pulled two autos and no jerseys

welker.jpg

Also pulled a Matt Ryan, which I sold at the shop for $150

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
cgilmo said:
what sets are you building?

Regular and the mini's.I haven't really purchased too much of it because frankly I have been broke but my wife got these for me when we went.She was actually cool with it which is odd.I suppose she purchased something and didn't tell me about it but I haven't seen any new shoes or purses lately.

Also forgot to mention I pulled a Colt Brennan mini #'d to 25 as well which is sweet because I collect him.I love the look of this set.I just wish I had some bones to throw at it right now because I am broke and sadly...I doubt my wife will be buying me any more which means I will just have to enjoy what I have for now.

Latest posts