Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jaypers...MLB Draft

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballstar029

Aug 10, 2008
So, I think plenty posted in your thread, how about your top 10 prediction...If you tie or beat the winner from your thread, I'll throw something your way!

Jeff

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Sure thing. Before I give my own prediction, here are a few stats from my contest thread.

99 of you gave out all 10 guesses, 1 of you guessed only the first two picks (cough Johnny Rook cough).

10 of you "reserved" spots, but never filled in any guesses.

66 of you predicted Cole would be #1.
23 of you predicted Rendon would be #1.
10 of you predicted Hultzen would be #1.
1 of you predicted Bauer would be #1.

So that said, here is my Top 10 prediction list.

1. PIT - As much as I want them to take Bauer, they won't. However, I'm going out on a limb and thinking they'll go with Hultzen, the best lefty.
2. SEA - Everyone tells me they're set on grabbing a bat. Best bat available would be Rendon.
3. AZ - He was the best college pitcher, and I'm probably overdrafting him a bit, but I say they go with Bauer.
4. BAL - Time to reunite the brothers. Going with Bundy.
5. KC - As much as I want them to go local and grab Starling, I'm betting they go college and grab Cole here.
6. WAS - They're not afraid of Boras clients, so with Cole gone, I'm thinking they go with Starling.
7. AZ - Their unprotected pick, I bet they go with a position guy here and grab speedy Spangenberg.
8. CLE - Thinking they also go position player here and take the best SS in Lindor.
9. CHC - College pitcher here, from what I read. Guessing they take Jungmann.
10. SD - They must sign this pick, and I bet they go with a college pitcher and snag Gray.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
Jaypers said:
Sure thing. Before I give my own prediction, here are a few stats from my contest thread.

99 of you gave out all 10 guesses, 1 of you guessed only the first two picks (cough Johnny Rook cough).

1. PIT - As much as I want them to take Bauer, they won't. However, I'm going out on a limb and thinking they'll go with Hultzen, the best lefty.
2. SEA - Everyone tells me they're set on grabbing a bat. Best bat available would be Rendon.
3. AZ - He was the best college pitcher, and I'm probably overdrafting him a bit, but I say they go with Bauer.
5. KC - As much as I want them to go local and grab Starling, I'm betting they go college and grab Cole here.
6. WAS - They're not afraid of Boras clients, so with Cole gone, I'm thinking they go with Starling.
7. AZ - Their unprotected pick, I bet they go with a position guy here and grab speedy Spangenberg.
8. CLE - Thinking they also go position player here and take the best SS in Lindor.
10. SD - They must sign this pick, and I bet they go with a college pitcher and snag Gray.
Cole at 5?

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
Jaypers said:
StrasburgMania said:
Cole at 5?

Correct.
I myself dont find it silly at all really even though I put him at 1. I really dont even understand why he is at 1 I know he has raw talent but he isnt even the best on his team! Personally I think Hultzen,Bauer,and Jungmann are all better. Jungmann is very underrated!

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
StrasburgMania said:
Jaypers said:
StrasburgMania said:
Cole at 5?

Correct.
I myself dont find it silly at all really even though I put him at 1. I really dont even understand why he is at 1 I know he has raw talent but he isnt even the best on his team! Personally I think Hultzen,Bauer,and Jungmann are all better. Jungmann is very underrated!

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::

JTfor3

Mar 5, 2009
I would be one of those 10 idiots who reserved his spot but never filled out their entry....d'oh! I thought the contest deadline was 12 midnight tonight...Oh well. GL to the others.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
Yankees1218 said:
StrasburgMania said:
Jaypers said:
StrasburgMania said:
Cole at 5?

Correct.

::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm::
what part are you ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: ::facepalm:: to? Take Jungmann out of the convo he isnt better than Cole did not mean that but he is very underrated

Yankees1218

Jan 1, 2010
No, i think you clearly said he was better. Cole is not just Raw Talent. He is a polished frontline starter with 3 plus pitches at least. Seconds after questioning him putting Cole at #5 you say that you dont think its silly at all.

Cole going #5 is all based on situation not all talent. If they take Rendon over Cole or Hultzen or any other pitcher, it might be because they feel that they want a hitter, or a team might draft soemone as an easy sign. If it was all about picking the best player in order, it would be much easier.

SeattleSports

Jun 11, 2010
Jaypers said:

Hopefully you're right on Seattle as I prefer Lindor. But everything coming out of Seattle the past few hours is that the M's are down to Lindor and Starling and Lindor is the favorite. He worked out in Seattle a few days ago and had a closed door meeting with Jack Z after the workout. During his workout he put on a power display in BP and he hit a homer in LF off the scoreboard on the facade of the upper deck in left field with a wood bat. I've yet to see a Mariner hit that the past few seasons. I prefer Starling and Rendon to Lindor, but it sounds like hes the favorite :?

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I just love the fact that its still up in the air, I hope that continues all the way up until the start of the draft at 6 PM. In most instances its predictable, this year it could go a number of ways.

bricewaynebisel

Jan 27, 2009
Oklahoma City, OK
I'm another idiot who reserved a spot and didn't fill it in. Sorry about that, completely forgot the deadline was 6 tonight. Thanks for the contest though, another awesome idea man!

Members online

Latest posts