Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cubs fans- Anyone read Telander's article in the paper today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
The Ricketts family ownership will have no impact in bringing a winning enviroment to the North Side of Chicago. As a Cub fan, I would have rather had Cuban buy the team, and build a new stadium.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
hoopster3977 said:
The Ricketts family ownership will have no impact in bringing a winning enviroment to the North Side of Chicago. As a Cub fan, I would have rather had Cuban buy the team, and build a new stadium.
HERE HERE!

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
There's nothing about this team I really enjoy right now. Castro a little. I have little motivation to pay the huge prices for Cubs tickets, so I watch them on TV but haven't been to a game in over a year. It really is a depressing time to be a Cubs fan. There's no light at the end of the tunnel as far as we can see. I feel like we're becoming the Pirates franchise, but with worse decision making skills. They don't spend the money, we just piss it away. Actually, in all of baseball, there's nothing going on this year that has me excited. The Diamondbacks are a good story, but doubt they can keep it up. Times like these make me stop busting any wax and make vintage purchases, and reading baseball histories instead of boxscores.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
gracecollector said:
There's nothing about this team I really enjoy right now. Castro a little. I have little motivation to pay the huge prices for Cubs tickets, so I watch them on TV but haven't been to a game in over a year. It really is a depressing time to be a Cubs fan. There's no light at the end of the tunnel as far as we can see. I feel like we're becoming the Pirates franchise, but with worse decision making skills. They don't spend the money, we just piss it away. Actually, in all of baseball, there's nothing going on this year that has me excited. The Diamondbacks are a good story, but doubt they can keep it up. Times like these make me stop busting any wax and make vintage purchases, and reading baseball histories instead of boxscores.
time to break out the dvd with the 84 Sandberg game
icon_e_biggrin.gif

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
Brad, tickets are basically free at this point, but you still have to get there, park, eat, drink. Not worth it.

I'm not even watching or listening anymore. I haven't seen a game in over a week.

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
I don't know why Telander would be pushed over the edge by a crappy Cubs squad getting swept in STL. I've assumed this team would be .500 at best and could be worse, and the latter is happening. The 2008 playoffs were a far worse experience after all the hype of that season.

The Cubs need to hire a top level general manager. Their scouting and development has improved, but Hendry has failed as a GM. He's given too much money at the back end of deals and overpaid for players. The Cubs need to go young, fire Hendry and Quade (the former immediately, the latter after the season), trade anyone on the team not named Starlin Castro that you can get a decent return on and get ready to wisely spend some money next year.

Mozzie22

Aug 7, 2008
James52411 said:
I don't know why Telander would be pushed over the edge by a crappy Cubs squad getting swept in STL. I've assumed this team would be .500 at best and could be worse, and the latter is happening. The 2008 playoffs were a far worse experience after all the hype of that season.

The Cubs need to hire a top level general manager. Their scouting and development has improved, but Hendry has failed as a GM. He's given too much money at the back end of deals and overpaid for players. The Cubs need to go young, fire Hendry and Quade (the former immediately, the latter after the season), trade anyone on the team not named Starlin Castro that you can get a decent return on and get ready to wisely spend some money next year.

+1

Members online