Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Your best 99 cent purchase on ebay..?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
Won an 04 Timeless Treasures Puckett Jersey Card Encapsulated #'d/50 for .99. I already had one, so I re-sold it for 45ish a week or two later.

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
I have gotten a ton of cards for $.01 - $.99 over the years. But most were for sets or players that would only garner those prices. Here are 2 that I can remember I paid $.99 (plus shipping).

img033.jpg
img300.jpg

Bob Loblaw

Aug 21, 2008
Bright House Field
djrulz said:
I have gotten a ton of cards for $.01 - $.99 over the years. But most were for sets or players that would only garner those prices. Here are 2 that I can remember I paid $.99 (plus shipping).

img300.jpg

Looking at the way that card's set up, it looks like his name is Dick Johnson - which would be one of the best baseball names, ever.

/9yearoldkid

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Pretty much any card in my Austin Kearns collection. Not that I really care though.

Jeff N. said:
Looking at the way that card's set up, it looks like his name is Dick Johnson - which would be one of the best baseball names, ever.

/9yearoldkid

Holy crap that was funny. Thanks for making me laugh on a Monday Jeff.

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
Ive probably only won a dozen auctions at 99 cents in over 13 years on eBay, but 2 are fairly good finds...

a few years ago I won a 1949 D316-1 Sunbeam Bread Eddie Murphy card for 99 cents, and $2 shipping. Sold it within a day to a fellow collector for $150 before I even got it in mail. Bad picture, no back scan, no ID.

Also got a lower grade 1940 Hughes Frozen Confections Deb Williams for 99 cents too, but only sold it for $50, so not as good of a deal :)

in eBays early days (ca2000 and before) you could easily win 10 deals a week where you could flip a card for 500% to 1000+% profit, if you knew your ugly rare cards and how to decipher Antique Dealing Old Ladies dismantling scrapbooks trying to describe them without a picture. Luckily most of the rarer vintage regional minor league sets have never been reprinted.

I actually lived well for 5 years between "real jobs" just flipping cards.
Thats the Era my collection took off value wise, now if you do find one, 120 others find it too and most have fatter wallets than me :(

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
My best "steal" was one I passed on to a fellow board member. Someone had listed a couple of Calvin and Hobbes calendars and misspelled "Hobbes." The listing ended on Saturday, and as a Sabbath observer I don't do any buying/selling from sundown Friday night to Sundown Saturday night. I showed the listing to a fellow FCB member who snagged them for $.99 each plus shipping. Another copy of one of the calendars recently sold for $122.50. :eek:

jkeys

Banned
May 5, 2010
Kansas City area
I won a Wilin Rosario blue refractor that was just titled "Wilin Rosario card" for .01 plus $1.00 shipping, had it slabbed and it gemmed. Sold it for like $20.

I also bought a number of Jeff Teauge Contenders auto's for .99 plus shipping, and sold a bulk lot of ten for $100 as a BIN during the playouffs. HEY OH!

- jkeys

JEBJJA

Aug 11, 2008
South Jersey- Near Philly
2007 Topps Chrome Kevin Kolb Autograph RC....bought .99 w/FREE SHIPPING. Bad pic and looked like his base RC....Sold it for $30 when McNabb got traded last off-season.

chevyfany2k2

Aug 28, 2008
myrtle beach,sc
here's mine, bv$80 auto is faded tho

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... &viewitem=

and card in hand
003.jpg

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia
Probably the biggest regret I have.......2009 world series relic set of the phillies. There was an utley that I spaced on and it went unsold...starting bid was .99. He relisted it bin for $200. Lol. Didn't get that one, I even messaged him saying I meant to bid, would he take $50? He declined.

Took a few months and a lot more money to finally get a copy.

Members online

Latest posts