Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MLB network advertises DURING Baseball Tonight on ESPN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
How does ESPN allow that?

Ever since MLB network came along with their IN GAME break ins, I haven't watched nary a minute of Baseball Tonight which i used to watch religiously.

So ESPN willingly takes advertising dollars from the network that made their flagship baseball program irrelevant?

And the reason i'm watching Bball tonight, tonight is i'm in the one room without cable.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Usuallly it's the service provider (DirecTV, Comcast, etc.) who controls the ADs.

And yeah, I agree with you on missing "Vintage" BBT. Not that I absolutely love MLBN's guys, but there's no Kruk there and the "cut-ins" are great.

If they could ever pry "Ravvy" off ESPN, I'd be very happy.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Mudcatsfan said:
How does ESPN allow that?

It's probably in the contract with MLB. MLB probably has some clause that in order to show game-in-progress highlights on ESPN SC/BBTN, ESPN must run the occasional promotion for MLB Network or run those lame MLB EPIC ads.

I don't think service provider has much to do with it. I have DISH Network that doesn't have MLB Network and I think DISH would be the last one to be airing MLB Network promos during the service provider controlled commercial breaks during BBTN or SC.

BBTN works fine for me - I get my nightly highlights and commercial free as I DVR zip through the ads or boring discussions about the Pittsburgh Pirates.

chiefer77

Mar 10, 2010
Ogdensburg, New York
I never watch BBT anymore. MLB Network FTW! 24 hours of basball.

I think the only thing better then MLB Network is your use of the word "nary" in the OP. LOL I kid, I kid. :D

Mudcatsfan

Aug 7, 2008
bradical said:
Mudcatsfan said:
And the reason i'm watching Bball tonight, tonight is i'm in the one room without cable.

How do you watch ESPN without cable?

Should have said the room without a cable box. Tv doesnt go high enough for mlb network

Members online

Latest posts