Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Mailday - Harper, Gibson, Strasburg...oh my!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
There was some speculation about the Harper Auto Redemption out of Retail. Sticker? Better Auto? Different in some way? I was curious. I pulled one base auto already, so I figured, why not just try my hand at a redemption? I bought one off a member here and redeemed it immediately...

I'm chillin with the wife when I notice some envelopes sitting on my cards. I turn to the wife and say, what are these? Her response as if I should have known, "You didn't see it till now? I put it where you would look." WHAT?!?!?! Woman! What kind of logic is that? It was sitting right next to my bubble mailers face down. How would i have known it was a package that came in today! Anyway...I digress.

The first package was the Harper Auto. To my disappointment...

2011ToppsProDebut0009.jpg

SAME! Same horrible autograph. I guess you can say it's pristine since it came directly from Topps. Centering is good, but I think one of the corners may not grade well. Not to mention, the Auto is so so.

The first package was a letdown, but I knew the second package would not disappoint.

2011ToppsProDebut0008.jpg

Booyah! 2011 Heritage Clubhouse Collection, Dual Auto/Dual Relic Bob Gibson/Stephen Strasburg 10/10. Strasburg relic is two color! If you don't remember, I pulled this out of a freakin Value Box I bought from WalMart. This has got to be the best thing I've ever pulled out of retail. I think the only thing that could have topped this from retail is a 2011 Bowman Harper Auto Blue Redemption. Pretty bad a$$ if I do say so myself. The only negative is Bob Gibson's auto looks like he used a thick Sharpie. Someone give this man a REAL pen/marker to sign with!!! I like the 10/10. It almost looks like a grade. Like and A+. It's a perfect 10!

Okay...I'm loopy...time to go to bed. Thanks for looking.

SportsCardMojo

Aug 22, 2010
MD
schmidtfan20 said:
Ill follow all that with a stupid question...

Is the dual auto for trade?

Thanks
Kevin

Not for trade right now. I may reconsider down the road. I'll keep you posted.

Members online