Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Camelot 2011 Sp Legendary Cuts card pulled... wow...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StrasburgMania

Jan 7, 2011
danny666 said:
http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/baseball-box-breaks/164999-5-cases-sp-legendary-cuts-camelot-auto.html

all i can say is.. i hope that card is worth the $5k ...

What do you guys think ?
Made his money back and more:
The Joe D, Clemente and THE KENNEDY'S! over 5K IMO.

LWMM

Feb 21, 2009
ronfromfresno said:
The Frank Robinson cut is horrible, looks like the left best wishes and cut off the auto. ::facepalm::

It kind of looks as if Upper Deck tried to keep inscriptions (e.g., "Best wishes") relatively intact, sometimes cutting off part of the signatures to do so. You can see that with the cuts of Al Barlick (signature not really affected), Johnny Blanchard (small portions of the 'J' and 'd' cut off) and JFK (bottom of the 'y' cut off). And then as mentioned, the Robinson cut includes more of his salutation than of his signature. At least you get a nice picture of his chin to go with it.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
There is no reason to have chopped of so much of those autos. The Jackie and John Kennedy signatures are both cut off.

Honestly, though it's a nice card, that's a complete waste.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
BunchOBull said:
There is no reason to have chopped of so much of those autos. The Jackie and John Kennedy signatures are both cut off.

This is the main problem with this entire product.

Upper Deck did one of two things when laying the cuts down...
1. Slapped them on without a care as to to how they would look.
2. Pasting the cuts was an exercise to help their employees use only their opposite hands.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
200lbhockeyplayer said:
BunchOBull said:

2. Pasting the cuts was an exercise to help their employees use only their opposite hands.

Absolutely. I really don't want them to ever make another cut product again if they're going to treat historical signatures with such disregard. It almost angers me to see this.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
BunchOBull said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:
BunchOBull said:

Absolutely. I really don't want them to ever make another cut product again if they're going to treat historical signatures with such disregard. It almost angers me to see this.
It should anger you, as it should anger anyone who collects cuts.

These are nothing more than rush hack jobs, without any care.

danny666

Apr 3, 2011
tampa, FL
You'd think the best hit in the product would have QUALITY sigs...guess not. Every case I've seen ripped has had at least one or two ugly cut sig cards. It's kinda pathetic.. and UD wants to charge $200 a pack when most of these will get back maybe.. a third of that? How can these people buy this stuff up?

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
This product just smacks of upper deck clearing out their archives to scrape together another product without investing much money in it. Simply trying to stay afloat. Ugley S#$^%$ and I won't spend a penny on it. One man's opinion...

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
I agree whole-heartedly with the above comments. This product is an afront to cut collectors. Really, it looks like ZERO effort was put forth on production value. The cards look designed by a first-year graphic design student. So much about this product makes me want to vomit. I won't spend a penny on it either. And even though no one may read it, I'm writing to voice my displeasure to UD.

Dazed

Aug 7, 2008
East of KC MO
gracecollector said:
I agree whole-heartedly with the above comments. This product is an afront to cut collectors. Really, it looks like ZERO effort was put forth on production value. The cards look designed by a first-year graphic design student. So much about this product makes me want to vomit. I won't spend a penny on it either. And even though no one may read it, I'm writing to voice my displeasure to UD.
I agree. It looks like the people that made these cut cards were only old enough to use these:
14741_11.jpg

Members online

Latest posts